First of the Month chores?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Anyone else have special things they do on the first of the month beside their regular items?

I change the vacuum cleaner bags and fill up all the hand soap bottles.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I am so glad I'm not the only one!!! Thanks

It seems so easy when I do this every month. I never even think about it, I just do it.

I'm trying to write down some of these things for my notebook. Will have to add garage can cleaning. That's a good idea. Our gargage will be picked up a day late because of the holiday but I'll get it this week.

When I had animals I did the animal baths too.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Have to add another--put the stove fan's filters in the dishwasher.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
The stove fan has filters? :haha:

Actually, I know now -- but I didn't know for a long time. So thank you for the reminder. It sounds so easy the way you suggest - doing it on the first of the month.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I was at my ds apartment a few months ago. Asked him if he cleaned his stove filters. He didn't have a clue. So I showed him his. It was almost dripping with grease. Much to greasy to even put into the dishwasher. I soaked it in boiling water in the kitchen sink. Looked a little better but not much. No telling how many years that filter has been in use since he rents.

The next time we have a cleaning day at his house I'll take some Calgon to soak the filter in. You would be surprised at how well Calgon water will clean grease. I just put about 1/4 cup calgon in very hot water and let any greasy item soak for half an hour.

lastminuteD

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
Falls Church, VA
I change the filters in both furnaces (one upstairs, one downstairs) on the 1st of each month.

Cinnamonstix - not sure where you live, but please feel free to come clean ANYTHING in my house with some of your free time!!! PLEASE!!!?!?!?

Just teasin'..................................... well, maybe just a little serious!!

:bigsnow:
Dawn

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Cinnamon stix wow :applause:

I learned we could put the filters in the diswasher last christmas... before that always in the sink.

Holiday Nut

Retire Member
Nov 5, 2007
Christmas Town
SparkleNana said:
The stove fan has filters? :haha:

Actually, I know now -- but I didn't know for a long time. So thank you for the reminder. It sounds so easy the way you suggest - doing it on the first of the month.

:haha: I had no clue either -- I must check ours!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I have chores which I like to complete on a monthly basis such as:-

Clean windows inside ( whole house)
Wash all ornaments and glass
Hoover blinds & curtains
Hoover sofas
Hoover bed mattresses
Wash mattress covers
Clean door handles and light switches with anti-bac
Sweep the driveway
Clean windows outside and wipe down paintwork ( I'm not too good with this one)
Descale kettle and washing machine
Clean dishwasher and fill up salt etc.

There are probably others which don't spring to mind at the moment, as there are too many to do all in one day I try and work them into my routine during the first week of the month.

Have done pretty well this month apart from the outside stuff as it has done nothing but rain here pretty much for the last 10 days. I'll try and do them later in the month if the weather allows.

:frosty:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Snowbelle, You added a few I had forgotten!!! Funny how when you do things on a routine, you forget you even do them.