Fly Lady

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CrazyMomto5

MHH Member
Oct 26, 2007
Orange County, NY
I have tried Flylady in the past. I have had some luck with it. I have taken a few things away from it that I still do consistently, like periodic decluttering still. The 15 minute missions, etc. I use the timer still with my kids to get cleaning up done. Still works like a charm. :grin: Tried her Christmas Cruise one year, it helped but CC is better IMHO.

Karen

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
This morning I set up a countdown notebook for my sister as her Christmas present(she's getting it now)I printed off OC's Countdown and then printed the pages from Flylady that correspond to what we are doing with OC. I'm doing the same for myself. It's my first year to do anything so next year I may be able to customize it a little better for myself! I get warm and fuzzy looking at my integrated notebook! :bigsnow:

bestfriend

MHH Member
Nov 17, 2007
I love FlyLady! I don't get the e-mails any more. I found her years ago. In fact I have her site as my home page. Just a little reminder to me. :grin: I don't follow her plan exactly, but she does have some great ideas. I do a little each day & believe it or not my house is not looking to bad at the moment. I have fallen off the "Fly Wagon" many times but I usually gt back on eventually. She doesn't work for everyone. You just have to read her ideas & take what works for you.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I am a flybaby... Don't do the entire system just bits and pieces. I do the weekly schedule (just modified a bit for my lifestyle). I don't do the emails anymore--- swamped my email program (I see them as clutter). I try to do the superfling boogie once of twice a year and call on my favorite local charity to come and quickly pick it up (for I reconsider getting rid of the stuff).

Flylady's book is fun to read (Sink Reflections).

Flylady got me started creating my master plan notebook-- have since modified it once I came across this system of "notebooking".

koalagirl

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
I've tried and tried FlyLady's way--and it really does help me....just seems that I can't do it day after day! I get frustrated and give up. I think I am actually going to make the Control Journal like she talks about...I've never done that part...it's been hard enough for me to get up early and get dressed and get my makeup and hair done on a consistent basis. I'll do it for two or three days--and then I'll mess up. I am pretty good at keeping my sink shined--and setting my timer for 15 minutes to get my kitchen cleaned. Are there others out there who have trouble like me? Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who has this problem!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Well, I can honestly say that Flylady changed my life! I had a fantastic mom -- loving, funny, caring, creative; in short, amazing. She taught me many things, but how to clean and keep things clean wasn't really one of them. I am a 'SHE' (sidetracked home executive) from a long line of shes.

Flylady's 'you can do anything for 15 minutes' approach has been life-altering without feeling condemning. Her Holiday Cruising Missions are what led me to search out the Organized Christmas site, and then here.

I don't scurry through her e-mail to-do reminders every day any more, but I have a routine I follow, thanks to her, and I can have drop-in and overnight guests for the first time in my life without being embarrassed (usually ::eek:rnament: ).

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I too found her emails too overwhelming, but I have her book, and I like that. The one thing that has worked for me is daily routines. I do the same thing every single morning, weekends included! It works for me because I am a pretty structured person. I can have all my daily stuff done including my barn chores and laundry by 9am. of course I get up with my husband at 4:30 so that does help! But getting into a routine does help will staying on top of things. Maybe this year I will get a master notebook done!