Focus on the Positive: What was Great in Your Life Today?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
It's friday and I have the weekend off. My kids are both happy and healthy. My marriage is better then ever. The sun is shining bright and the birds are flocking at the feeder. Life is good!

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I got my gift closet cleaned out and things stored in a tote, I get to spoil DS4 today as DS7 is being spoiled by Dsis (we already went shopping for games to play), and DH is working for an undetermined amount of time today so I feel no pressure for supper, etc. Oh- and yesterday was payday! WOOHOO! chick1

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I found and "met" my first cousin on my Mom's side when I was on Facebook tonight. Pretty cool! Got to chat a bit by email too.

3LittleElves

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
Wisconsin
I am so very happy for the sun coming out today. We have had a few gloomy days in a row and yesterday it just poured and poured and it was sooooo windy and cold too.

Sometimes it is so hard to be positive, but you are right, I need to try to focus on the positive and not dwell on the negative.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Shannon, I'm sure trying. I reeally should post to this thread daily because there is always something good and I need to focus on that.

Positives in my morning...
* I got to have a shower before 830 this morning instead of waiting until tonight. (My DH was home and could keep an eye on our kids.)
* I was awake before the rest of my house and felt really good when I woke up.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
For me today it was getting up and ready for work this morning and still had half an hour to spear before leaving the house. I spent a few minutes on my balcony watching the sun rise. Very nice.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
It is 27*C outside today which is unseasonal for us. I went for a walk with my kids and I've had the windows open to get fresh air in here.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
DD has finally stopped vomitting and is starting to feel better.

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
:pink: Sun is shining near 70 degrees no jacket :pink:
:pink: I sub taught three high school band classes today :thud: We actually made it through warmups. It went pretty good. I am really excited about doing this
:pink: I got my mint planted.
:pink: I started at Curves Tues :applause:

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I got the drywall patch primed and the bathroom mostly cleaned up so we can start using our master bathroom again. Just need to wipe down the inside of the shower and attach the showerhead again.

I got my kitchen cleaned up this morning.

It's my son's fourth birthday today and he is healthy and full of energy. :happybd:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
:happybd: Happy Birthday to your DS4! :happybd:

DH went to pay his golf membership and it was given to him! YAY! DS7 can get a membership for $150 that includes a lesson a week! Dsis will watch the boys overnight so DH & I can celebrate our anniversary next weekend! :flower:

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Yesterday:
My colleagues organized a small office-party because I will leave the company. Furthermore they presented me a large, beautiful bouquet. It was sooo nice - I had difficulties not to start crying ;-)

Chilli

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
*The absolutely gorgeous weather we've had the last few days!
*The American Heritage Girls Board of Reviews were last night and my girls did great!
*DD9 met our state rep this morning at a ceremony at school to collect her artwork - she was SO nervous - not about meeting the rep, but getting up in front of the whole third grade!
*My house is actually "fairly" clean and the laundry is all caught up!

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
:flower: A great day subbing for Special Ed in middle school
:flower: A beautiful warm--almost hot!--day with not a cloud in the sky
:flower: Alone time as both boys are camping with the Scouts! (DH is at a funeral in Georgia but will join them tomorrow evening.)