Freezer

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
Not sure this is the correct place to post this but I hope it is-I want to buy a freezer but don't know what size I should get-I want it big enough to be able to have lots of room for sales and also big enough to put freezer meals-holiday cooking-Thanksgiving turkey-there a three grown ups living in this family-what would be your suggestion-I have been looking on line and I am looking at 6.9 cu ft-5.1 cu ft-8.8 cu ft-7.2 cu ft-thanks for the help-

glenda-

Last edited:

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Glenda - We just bought a fridge/freezer and we bought the biggest one we could afford that would fit in our space. If it will get a lot of use, I would recommend the same for you. Freezers can be more efficient if they are not jammed packed and air can circulate some. Good luck!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
You need to consider how much food it will hav in it on a day to day basis like kim said don't overfill but a full freezer is more efficient then a 1/2 empty one. We got an upright and its often full so it was a great purchase. I would consider measurin g where you want to put it and go to a store to look at options. A chest freezer may take up less space but easy to loose stuff in them.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
We have a smaller upright freezer. It holds all the meat from the quarter of a cow, with room for more deer meat, a turkey and christmas cookies without a problem. I usually add a few other things to it as well. It's very efficient and was one of the best gifts we've ever gotten. It's at the old house, or I'd tell you the cubic footage.....