freezing oreo balls????

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

bearyxmas00

MHH Member
Aug 23, 2008
I was wondering if you can freeze oreo balls , and then defrost and coat them in choc closer to christmas??
many thanks
:help:

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
bearyxmas00,

I'm not sure. I haven't made them since last Christmas (had forgotten I did!). Don't you refrigerated them before dipping? My instinct would say you can freeze them. I think I would let them thaw most of the way so the white chocolate sticks.
Try one batch over a week-end??????? Then if it works, you'll know. Be sure to let the rest of us know too!!

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
....ALWAYS put mine in the freezer before coating.....but they mysteriously never make it to the "coating" stage! LOL!!!

Pippi

Darcy

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
Here is another question about Oreo Balls. I have RESISTED them for years, but finally broke down at Valentine's Day and made some as gifts.

You know how that works. One for the neighbor, one for ME, one for another neighbor, two for ME!

Here is my question: I didn't use Oreo's, but some store brand cookie that was similar that I had on hand. I imagined the cookies would be kinda crunchy - but they weren't. Is that normal?????

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
Oh YES! you can freeze tham before coating. I always freezen them and coat later.

Darcy, I have never used any other brand, but the cream cheese softens the cookie crumbs and they end up NOT being crunchy. Hope that helps.

bearyxmas00

MHH Member
Aug 23, 2008
iluv2scrap said:
These sound awesome. Where can i find the recipe? :ghost:
i don't know the exact measurements but i use 2 pkt of Oreo bisc to 1 pkt of cream cheese, all in a food processor, roll into balls and then fridge then coat in choc and EAT!
:bigsnow:

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
bearyxmas00 said:
iluv2scrap said:
These sound awesome. Where can i find the recipe? :ghost:
i don't know the exact measurements but i use 2 pkt of Oreo bisc to 1 pkt of cream cheese, all in a food processor, roll into balls and then fridge then coat in choc and EAT!
:bigsnow:

Yum! Thank you very much :) :boo:

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
You can make the filling, freeze, coat and refreeze for months! I will make this after DS birthday party (end of oct)! I've done this for the past couple years and they last perfectly in the freezer until end of January at least in my experience. I make a lot of these (here we call them christmas crack because they are totally addictive) and everyone wants them!!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Darcy said:
Here is another question about Oreo Balls. I have RESISTED them for years, but finally broke down at Valentine's Day and made some as gifts.

You know how that works. One for the neighbor, one for ME, one for another neighbor, two for ME!

Here is my question: I didn't use Oreo's, but some store brand cookie that was similar that I had on hand. I imagined the cookies would be kinda crunchy - but they weren't. Is that normal?????

Darcy sometimes I have used other brands and they tasted the same. Oreo cookies can be a little expensive and I look for bargins, especially when money is tight. Those whom I share them with don't even notice the difference. I've even made them with chocolate sandwich cookies bought at Dollar Tree. No difference in taste. I've also used different a brand of chocolate - a bag of chocolate chips bought at Dollar Tree (Also use them to make chocolate chip cookies) - getting the same great tasting results.

Last year when I made Oreo Balls, I mistakenly bought dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. To me the dark chocolate tasted better and I don't like dark chocolate. My co-workers also liked the dark chocolate better. I get the vanilla (white) chocolate chips from Dollar Tree too.