Friday Dinner August 28 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Breaking News: I did not fix salad last night!!! Only because I was running DD around all day to medical appointments so I did not get to the store for lettuce or veggies. Yep, I was saladless. Had Steak and kidney beans. Both things I was going to put into a salad.

Tonight I am doing a dinner party. Here's the menu. All recipes are on the Internet. The Green Eggs and Ham is from Paul Dean. Excellent since I'm trying it out for breakfast. I do not want to serve something icky so I try it out first. Easy to make and I think I'll make an extra batch for the freezer. Would be great for a fast breakfast. I even forgot to put in the bread. So I guess I'm also breadless.

Diedra's Everything Dr Seuss Dinner

Green Eggs and Ham (next time I'll mix in the cheese instead of on top)
Pink Ink for the Yink
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish Jello (berry blue jello with two red swedish fish candies and whipped cream in individual ice cream bowls that look sorta like a fish bowl)
Big Brown Beans (canned baked beans with tiny bit of brown sugar and molasses added)
Cat in the Hat Marshmallows (marshmallows stuck together with melted red candy on a stick)

I have Dr Seuss notebooks, paper pads and buttons for favors. Then since one of the ladies had her Birthday this month and loves Dr Seuss books I have her a small Cat in the Hat vinyl bag and a Dr Seuss Cookbook (found the book on Amazon). DD and I have Dr Seuss T-shirts to wear.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
that sounds like so much fun!!

We will be having our usual LIttle Ceasars Pizza as DH is gone, DH12 is coming home and DS10 is having a sleep over.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Ahorsesoul- I love it! How fun!!!!!!

I'm having salmon again with veggies.

Annie

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I'm making meatloaf, mac and cheese and probably a vegetable.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
We will probably have Little Caesar's or something equally as quick and easy. The kids have a football game (marching band show) tonight and I don't want to eat at the ball game because the concession stand food is too expensive and usually leaves a lot to be desired. ;)

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
The Seussical dinner sounds fun and yummy!!

I'm taking the night off - we're have frozen pizza. But I did splurge and got the ones with all the toppings!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Sounds fun Diedra!

We're having take and bake pizza from one of our fav pizza shops.

Ice cream cones for dessert!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Diedra that sounds like a very fun supper.

We had pizza on english muffins.