Gadget wishlist?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
What's on your kitchen gadget wish list for the holidays?

Mine:
Silicone cookie sheet liners! I use parchment, but would love to try these
"Ove Glove" potholder gloves
Odd sized measuring cups
A large, insulated gravy boat/pitcher
Nice digital quick-read thermometer
Nordicware mini-bundt cake pans -- how cute would a plate of these be?
Edible gold dust -- don't know what it's called, and technically it's not a 'gadget', but I'd love to find some!

I bought a mini cookie scoop a couple of days ago for my smallest, bitesized cookies. I love Russian Teacakes, and they're so good when you can just pop them into your mouth!!

teachturnedmom

Retire Member
Oct 21, 2007
SE PA
I want a Kitchen Aid mixer.
I also want one of those nifty tools that carves tealight holes into apples and pumpkins and such.
I think I want a mini-bundt pan.
I love cook books and want The Dinner Doctor and What should I bring?
I don't need any of this stuff, but would love it all!!!!!!!

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Ok, I have almost all of the stuff you both have listed except the gold dust and the ove glove. The silicone mats are fantastic! And the mini bundt pan is a must for holiday crazy people - they can be little pumpkins in the fall, cute Christmas treats, imagine them at Valentine's with pink and red icing!

I really want a microplane. I love to look at the Williams Sonoma catalog and dream. If you don't get one in your mailbox, sign up on their website. The catalog is full of wonderful recipes even if you never buy anything.

BTW - thanks for starting this thread. This gives me a great idea for gifts for MIL!!!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I have a few things that I'd like this year. I agree that the silicone baking sheets would be fabulous. I would love a new slow cooker. Mine is 13 years old and has been well used.
Some other things would be:

a classic bundt pan
holiday mini muffin pan (for Christmas morning muffins)
new cooling racks
a Kitchenaid food processor (I've been asking for one for years!!)
a mandolin (sp?) to slice potatoes for scalloped potato dishes

Fun!

Lisa

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
:grin: I would love some more Pamperd Chef stoneware!
:huh: A working dishwasher (our kitchen is currently under a restoration/renovation)
:haha: Split stainless steal fridge with pullout freezer with matching double gas range oven :grin:

I have a whole list (that keeps growing) on my blog! But here are a few:

Microplane Grater
Round Cake Pans
Springform Pan
Garlic Peeling Tube
Santoku Style Knife

My list could be endless but there is not endless room...lol

::eek:rnament: Silicone mats have been on my list but the prices always hold me back
::eek:rnament:Big Lots had a crockpot that also sautes/browns the meat also so it is a onepot meal.
::eek:rnament:Martha Stewart had on her show as part of her line at Macy's a timer that clips to your clothes like a pedometer. So if you walk away from the food in the oven you still know when to return.
::eek:rnament:Springform pans. I have the mini ones now I need a regular sized one

there are others...trust me there are. Some of the recipe trials may be good enough to force me to buy myself one thing here and there to complete my tasks....lol

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
teachermomof2 said:
Some other things would be:
new cooling racks
Lisa ~ I have a set of three stacking cooling racks that I just love. They were not expensive at a local outlet-mall cooking store. I think I should give them as wedding shower gifts.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I love kitchen gadgets and am always seeing stuff I want. LOL

* One of those things that dices onion or whatever you put in it, just by closing the lid.
* New bread pans, muffin pan, cookie sheets.
* I call them Spoonulas, LOL, it's a spatula that is scooped sorta like a spoon.
* Bread machine
* New strainer, heavy duty metal one in red please! :)

There's lots more but I can't think right now. I always end up going down that isle in Walmart and see loads of stuff I want.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I love getting new kitchen gadgets! Oftentimes, though, I use it for a while and then go back to my old way of getting the same job done. Old habits die hard for me.

I would like to try the silcone baking mats too. I bought the silicone muffin cups a little while ago and love them!

I also want a double oven again. We remodeled the kitchen at our old house and I put a Maytag double oven in and LOVED it!! We had to move about a year after the remodel and I couldn't bring the new stove with me as it was part of the deal and we weren't going to lose the sale of the house over a stove. I really miss it. :sorry:

I would also like a kitchen aid mixer. The mixer I have now was a hand me down from my MIL and is ancient.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I would love

:grin: A mini food processor

:grin: New utensils mine a a little tired

:grin: A new utensil pot, I've seen a lovely one with a built in spoon rest.

I'm a kitchen gadget addict my list could be endless.

:globe:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I can't think of one gadget I need or want. Very sad for Santa.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I need some new wooden spoons. We just decided yesterday that I have put up with my blender for long enough! It's time for a new one!

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
I wanted a silicone coated whisk (and got it)

I would like some ramekins - so I could make creme brulee and things like that.

I adore cookbooks! ! ! So I would love some of those!

one gadget I got for Christmas that I wasn't expecting was a smoothie maker with cookbook for it from my cousin. So we are going to try that out either tonight or tommorrow.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
DahliaDoll said:
I need some new wooden spoons. We just decided yesterday that I have put up with my blender for long enough! It's time for a new one!

Pampered Chef makes the best wooden spoons. The handles are wider and that's much easier on the hands. I have two sets (3 sizes) and they are great!

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
Kitchen Aid mixer
Kitchen Aid food processor, I have a food processor but I want everything to match
Pizza Stone, large and square I can't find it
More spoonula's I have one and it is great!
Silpat liner
Commercial cookie sheets
Le creuset dutch oven
And of course more cookbooks! I collect them

I'm sure there is a ton more.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Not really a gadget but I want a square pie pan. I know I can use a square cake pan but I really want a square pie pan. Can't really say why but I think it would be cool to have one.

Before I went Gluten-free I had a heart shape angel food cake pan. It was just cool,nothing that I really needed but I liked it. I gave it away since I no longer make angel food cakes.

Snicks

MHH Member
Dec 27, 2007
Minnesota
Although I got alot for my kitchen this year, I'm already finding things I'd like for next year (or maybe the anniversary/birthday).

*Mixing bowls (the heavy duty glass ones)
*Flat pan (I have one that's getting old, great for making grilled cheese)
*Knife set (mine is missing on knife and another one has a broken handle, time to upgrade)
*Towels

I know there is more but my mind is still waking up.