Gift closet 2012

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I picked up 4 interactive storybook and ornament sets at Hallmark. They were normally $40 and I got them for $3 each. One set will go to our kids, 2 will go to our neices and the last one will go to my god-daughter's son this Christmas.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I was just at JC Pennys and picked up a pair of bottie style slippers for my daughter and a couple shirts (thermal pull over and a denim button down) for my son. All were $2 each. So they will get put away until their b-days.

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I have added to my gift closet - for son in law - a package of white athletic socks - I get him a package every christmas (it is the "mom" in me !) - anyway - got them at kohls - were regular 18 dollars - clearance for 2.40. Also got my husband started - with a heavy knit winter cap and a pair of heavy black leather gloves - both from kohls, both are Dockers, both on clearance - I paid 16.02 for the two items. The hat was origianal 26 - reduced to 6.02 and then the gloves were 48 regular, clearance to 10.00 -- good clearance plus 20% off coupon code, plus free shipping.

Big news since I last posted about gift closet. my daughter is pregnant with her second baby !! She is due the end of October.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Mrs. Paul Congrats on the new baby to come :) !

Great bargains once again. you are doing great

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Walmart had a bunch of winter clothes marked down .. I picked up a pair of snowman fleece lounge pants for $3. Going to pair them with some nice warm slipper socks as a christmas gift.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Got a waffle iron./ sandwich press that puts the Redskin's logo on if for my brother.

Piratemama where did you find the waffle iron? I have a die-hard Redskins family member. That would be so cool if I could get him one of those.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Last week I saw some really nice, plush robes on clearance at Kmart for $3.99. I am not kidding. They had racks of clothes, coats, toys...you name it on the outside of the store ranging from $3.99 to $11.00. Unfortunately I just couldn't budget it to get any as I have them on my gift list. :( If I had the extra monies right now, I could make a killing on gifts for almost nothing.

I won't be able to do any Christmas shopping til probably late summer.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Last week I saw some really nice, plush robes on clearance at Kmart for $3.99. I am not kidding. They had racks of clothes, coats, toys...you name it on the outside of the store ranging from $3.99 to $11.00. Unfortunately I just couldn't budget it to get any as I have them on my gift list. :( If I had the extra monies right now, I could make a killing on gifts for almost nothing.

I won't be able to do any Christmas shopping til probably late summer.

What about putting them on layway? That way ypu could spread put the payments over several weeks.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Was at Walmart last night and found a bunch of kids winter gloves on marked down. Picked up a bunch for our kids - makes great stocking stuffers. The good thick snow gloves normal price was over $6 they were marked down to $1 and the cloth stretchy kinds 2 pair pack were 25 cents each.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i got four snoppys yesterday at hallmark for 5.oo each. one for me and 3 for gifts .

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
What about putting them on layway? That way ypu could spread put the payments over several weeks.

Unfortunately they don't do layaways for clearance items. That would be so great if I could.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I got my 3 nephews $3 pjs for Christmas. Also both the twins 3-piece sets (jeans, long-sleeved sweater, vest with no-arms but with a hoodie) for $5! and I didn't pay for one of them because the price was wrong and the cashier didn't want to wait for someone to go... so she put it at 0$! Got my other nephew a sweater at $5, a 3piece set (pants, shirt + sweater) for $5 and a dress for dniece at $12 (a Roxy dress -not at walmart's. :)

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I got my 3 nephews $3 pjs for Christmas. Also both the twins 3-piece sets (jeans, long-sleeved sweater, vest with no-arms but with a hoodie) for $5! and I didn't pay for one of them because the price was wrong and the cashier didn't want to wait for someone to go... so she put it at 0$! Got my other nephew a sweater at $5, a 3piece set (pants, shirt + sweater) for $5 and a dress for dniece at $12 (a Roxy dress -not at walmart's. :)

Thats Great!!!!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Found more goodies on clearance at Walmart. Picked up some soft fleece lounge pants for our kids - they were marked down to $3 each. Also found a fleece shirt with zipper pockets on the sleeve for our son for $5. Now I am debating which will be used for birthday and which for Christmas gifts.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
everyone is doing great so far. I have just gone up and tidies my gift closet and it is looking great considering it is only April. Got DD a green paisley summer skirt marked down to $2.00 and DS a nice pair of good shorts for $7.00. Great time here to stock up on marked down sunblocks and summer gear.

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I'm doing okay, I think. I have a $30 gift card to wal-mart that a co-worker gave me for helping her with a project with orders "to spend it on yourself!" but if buying for Christmas makes me happy, then I consider spending it on myself even if I buy presents with it! LOL Plus, I am almost up to a $50 old navy gift card from mypoints, I have $30 in amazon.com gift cards from swagbucks, and $100 in my amazon.com account from trading in textbooks.

At my work, we exchange "token" gifts, just a little something, and I picked up all the ones for my co-workers last week for free! They are little, but really nice, wood picture frames (originally $16 - who would pay that?!?) clearanced to $2.50, and I had $10 off $10 coupons, so I got 10 plus a 5x7 picture frame all free! I want to find old hymnals or christmas books that are no longer good for reading, and repurpose the pages in to wrapping paper for them with a beautiful bow (saw the idea on Pinterest) or maybe an ornament attached. :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
wvalice that is great and I'd love to see the pictures when done :)

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
Lulu - I'll try to post pictures. I'd probably have to have one of my teenagers show me how! LOL :)