Gift Closet 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Update: Need to check the date - no clue when Coke might expire - will let you know.
Yes check that date, I was in charge of the coke order at the Forest Preserve and some of our deliveries had a short shelf life. Could be why it was on sale:rolleyes:. Diet is the worse, goes flat if too far from the expiration date. You can usually drink the Coke past the date if not more than 2 months.

Reactions: PamelaG

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I phoned in an order for my mom while I was there and was told 3 weeks for delivery. I repeated what she said and she said yes 3 weeks. If ordering rather than shopping in person earlier may be better.

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
Amazon is dangerous.
Got another free 30day Prime trial, so thought I may as well use it. Bought the kids two more gifts each, whittling away their Christmas list.
Need to find a way of smuggling them into the house without me being interrogated

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Went to bath and body works to use my coupons. Got a couple of fall hand soaps and 2 of the big bottles of hand sanitizer for my son.
Happen to see a bottle of wine at the grocery store from the vineyard my son likes so picked that up for him too.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Added a couple more items to the gift tote yesterday. Bath and body had their hand soaps on sale. So I grabbed 3 fall ones and a couple other ones for the gift tote. Fabric store had a sale on so I was able to grab the fabric/notions for a sewing box gift that I am putting together.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ran out early yesterday to get a oriel feeder for my husband that I saw when he was with me a couple weeks ago. We had 2 males and a female this spring. my husband had the best time watching them. They get pretty picky feeding so this feeder does fruit, jelly and nectar.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Nice gift MM. We had an oriole feeder in the past. They are such pretty birds.

I did get a few items for either Teigans poster or stocking, gift for sister and a couple prizes for games today.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Ordered three Mophies (phone sanitizer/chargers) at Verizon as they were out of stock so they will ship to the house. Because I bought three, they were considered a bundle (buy two, get one free) so I saved $80.

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD's big gift arrived today, we bought her an Oodie. It is an oversized hoodie/blanket type of thing. Got a very got deal on it so I am happy.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i got some clothes for my daughters and jewerly from new york and co

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think given the circumstances we are doing very well with filling the closet. I still need a few more things especially for DD and DFSIL buit am happy with their lot for now.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to the big hardware store and got DFSIL a free standing raised garden bed. That will be his big gift and I will get him a gift card to go with it. I think I am nearly finished with the gifts but just need to look through the planner and double check.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Katrina - what a great gift! I'd love one of those myself!

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Spent my time at home today organizing the gift closet and making an updated list:

Vic - WGU shirt, Kraken shirt, paella pan set, Christmas Eve basket (popcorn tub, $25 Amazon gift card)
Sophia - WGU shirt, Kraken shirt, Pyrex bowls (pick two of the four), kitchen boa, sauce bottle, Erin Condren planner and accessories, fresh SUGAR set, pmd clean (smart facial cleansing device because Clarisonic is going out of business), makeup eraser and sponge, COACH badge holder, Mario Badescu Essentials set, pizza stone, Outlander stack of books laptop magnet, Christmas Eve basket (popcorn tub, $25 Amazon gift card)
Pamela - WGU shirt, Kraken shirt, Pyrex bowls (whichever two Sophia does not want), kitchen boa, Erin Condren planner and accessories, fresh SUGAR set, Jo Malone fragrance collection, diptyque candle set, pmd clean, makeup eraser and sponge, COACH badge holder, Outlander stack of books laptop magnet, Christmas Eve basket (popcorn tub, $25 Amazon gift card)
Vic and Sophia - LEGO Taj Mahal
Spectra - collar and leash
Ginger - lead rope
Sisterchicks Mistletoes (an annual gift exchange with my friends from our Florida days) - a variety from my Gift Closet - General tote - last year, it included things like a holiday drying mat, cheese board, tea towels, coasters (I have SO many things from when I worked at the gift shop in Virginia) and then I add a holiday magazine and a few treats

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Today's UPS order adds:
Vic - mophie Phone Sanitizer/Wireless Charger
Sophia - mophie Phone Sanitizer/Wireless Charger
Pamela - mophie Phone Sanitizer/Wireless Charger
Sophia's preschool class - Fisher-Price Little People Advent Calendar

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Debbie, DFSIL and DD have a little courtyard townhouse and I thought that they could at least grown a few tomatoes or strawberries.
1600382166638.jpeg

Pamela, what great gifts you have bought. Well done.

Reactions: halimer and PamelaG