Gingerbread Men

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

welshbabe

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
:heartsNY:
Hi - I'm new here and think the site is great!

From UK and read a few days ago about a store in USA where they sell gingerbread men fabric figures and ornaments - but can't find the link again - sorry!

I love gingerbread men and their cottages but don't seem to have so much of their stuff here as you do over there - mores the pity! Trouble is I'll fancy things and postage will be high - will have to try and make my own perhaps?

Also loved a link I found somewhere here from a lady who did a lovely Christmas cottage scene for her table - fantastic ideas.

Thanks a lot.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Welcome...will be on the lookout for ideas for Gingerbread themed stuff for you...I have quite a bit but being here in the states its a bit easier...didn't make it though....we have some crafty people that might be of more help though

welshbabe

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Thanks Gingerbug.
Doesn't seem a trend thats caught on here so much - but I did get a few (mainly characters from the Shrek movie - but they are gingerbread men).

I love the ceramic houses you can get - they look so sweet - did think of making one but it would need lots of different beads etc.

Even looking on Ebay its nearly always from USA. I love them - and candy canes.

As the bought canes are full of additives I got some plastic transparent ones meant as tree decorations - left them on the card (4 in a pack) and printed off the story behind the origins of the canes - and gave to two people as a little pressie.

I think novel gifts are much nicer than just shop bought stuff.

Am now making cotton patterned shopping bags (as we're at last cottoning on to the fact we shouldn't use plastic bags!). Have done one with cats and another with sweet pattern for myself. Ordered more material to make some for January birthdays.

Have you come across these BOXEZ OF BLESSINGZ - check out http://www.Boxez-of-Blessingz.com

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
A couple of years ago, I made gingerbread ornaments out of flet. As soon as I can get my other computer back up and running I will post pictures, patterns and how I made them if you would like. I can't even get my new printer installed on this computer.