Girl Scout Cookies

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
OK fess up this weeks question is who has bought and/or is eaten girl scout cookies?? To some this time of year is a Holiday of its own and it is a great way to Celebrate yourself by helping all those girl Scouts and if eaten in moderation splurge on something yummy.

eating one or two cookies: :pink:
eating the whole box: :thud:

I am eating a thin mint right now but Peanut Butter sandwiches are my favorite.

What is your favorite?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I love Girl Scout cookies but didn't get to order any this year. I had 3 cookies the other day, Caramel Delight and they are my new favorite. If I get the chance to buy some i'm definitely going to!! I work my butt off everyday exercising so I think I deserve a treat.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
My cousin gave me a box of thin mints and a box of shortbread with the chocolate on one side. I ate the shortbread cookies in a day. I took the thin mints to work for my co-workers. Then one of my co-workers gave me another box of the shortbread ones. They were gone in two days. LOL. I also order a couple boxes of cookies from one of the bailiffs. I love girlscout cookies. I use to buy them when the boys/girlscouts would set up tables at Walmart but I haven't seen the kids out there this year.

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
Okay, believe it or not I bought nine boxes from 3 girls who live beside us. And I havent eaten one yet. come to think of it, i sent two boxes to my parents, and the others are still sitting here. The kids didnt even dig into them. I would say the thin mints are my favorite, the caramel ones would be but they have coconut which i cannot stand. :frown: dh tells me to just give them the money and hold the cookies so he doesnt eat any.. :haha:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Girl Scout Cookie huh lol. We've had 375 boxes in this house this week. That's how many my granddaughter sold. We actually bought think it was 32 boxes.

My favorite are the shortbread and dosidos. My daughter likes the thin mints best. My granddaughter likes everything except the lemon(she's allergic to lemon) and the samoas don't like coconut.

Thanks to everyone who help the little girls reach their goal by buying cookies. Enjoy

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Love those thin mints! Just can't eat them since they aren't gluten free.

My favorite saying about GS cookies is from Adams family, where the "girl scouts" are asked if their cookies are made with real girl scouts.

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
DH ordered us some through work (his coworker has a sweet daughter), but they haven't arrived yet. We'll have a few boxes of Thin Mints (our favorite!) and a box of Tagalongs (the peanut butter ones that are covered in chocolate). Mmm...

:cloudnine:

Don't forget, you can send some to troops overseas! :heartbeat:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
We have 2 boxes of gs cookies in the cupboard...thin mints and tagalongs from our niece. I have more boxes coming from students of mine. Thin mints are our favorite with the tagalong in a close 2nd.
DH can eat a box of thin mints himself in a day or two.

Lisa

I too ordered mine through a friend from the kids' school. We have not yet received them but I believe I ordered thin mints, trefoils, and SAMOAS!!!!! I don't order the tagalongs because I can make my own and I call my recipe PB delights. Other than that I have to limit the number of cookies I eat in a day...lol because I too am trying to lose a little weight!!!

strosiek

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Cape Coral Florida
I haven't gotten mine yet. I purchased 100$ worth and they are being sent to me so my husband can take them to work. They can't stay here as I will eat more than my fair share.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Girl Scouts were in front of Walmart this morning when I came out!!! YAY! I got 2 boxes of Caramel Delights for me and the kids and a box of Thin Mints and the Peanut Butter ones for DH that i'm going to mail to him.

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
Thin mints and caramel delights!!! I can hardly wait for them to come in I'm getting hungry just thinking about them!

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
This year I had to find a girlscout to buy cookies from!!! How crazy is that?? I bought all my favorites:
Mint
Samoas
Lemon
All abouts

I couldn't believe I had to track down a little girl and ask her if I could buy cookies!!! Still I LOVE the samoas and there is nothing like them on the market so it's worth it! Once they are open, I can eat an entire box by myself so I'm careful about when I open them!!!