Going along with the name theme...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
What are the names you wanted to name your kids but never had the chance to use?

I remember when I was a teen Beverly Hills 90210 was VERY popular and I wanted to use the names Dylan and Brandon from there. Of course when I was married and had 3 boys my "husband" didn't agree with me on names which I am sure lots of you had the same problems too...lol

My first son was named after his father. We originally picked out a different boy name but once he was born (we did not find out the sex so his birth day was our "surprise") anyway my ex wanted it to be a Jr. So when we found out the twins were going to be boys we essentially used our first boy name choice never used for first son and matched initials for the other twin boy.

BUT when I found out I was having twins I had 2 girl names picked out. Since my first born had his daddy's initials I wanted the first girl to have my initials and the second girl to have mine and my ex's first initials. So the girl names I had originally picked (before finding out they were boys) were Cynthia Michelle and Cadence Rose....

What names did you want but never used?????

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
For a girl I had a lot of choices: I wanted Magalie, Rosalie, Amélie... my DH wanted Elodie.... and we had a Joannie!

For a boy I wanted: Jesse or Sean... or Keith... DH wanted Kevin but DS had her boy 5 weeks befor me and named him Kevin.... so we have a Maxime!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I liked Kyle Jordan or Jordan Kyle but my DH didn't care for either name and especially not both together. Mitchell Reed and Brannon Cole were also some of my favorites.

First born if a girl would of been Alicia Dawn but got a DS. Also liked Heather Deann and Hilaree.

Second baby I had Brannon Cole and Hailee Renee picked out and a couple weeks before having it DH said he was not crazy about Hailee so we had our 2 1/2 yr old pick out the name. At first we had settled on Amber Richelle and a couple had a little girl 5 or 6 before us and used Amber so I had settled on Hailee I thought. Had a DD.

Never knew with either one what we were getting. Well with DS the DH saw them write a b on the sonogram test but never told me. I was the one who wanted to know each time but they said if we both didn't want to know they wouldn't tell!!!! That was 23 1/2 and 21 1/2 yrs. ago.

My DS and the DD's BF are a yr apart and they have the same first name and middle names are both after their fathers. But when talking once we mentioned that if DS would have been a girl he would be an Alicia and the BF cracked up and said that is what his mom said they had picked out for him. I always find that funny.

strosiek

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Cape Coral Florida
When I was young (middle and high school) I never thought of boys names only girls names. I wanted twin girls and I wanted to name them Amethyst Meghan and Emerald Jade. Amethyst after my moms birthstone because I didn't like her names, Meghan after The Thorn Birds book. My cousin took the name Meghan for her daughter so that was out. I just thought Emerald because they would be two gems and I could shorten them to Ame and Eme. I then grew up and realized what weird names the poor kids would have.
I got married and we are trying to have kids. So if we have them.....
He wants a boy to be named after him John. His parents still call him Johnny, I hate it! I tried to talk him out of it but it was a no go. It would be the 5th generation of the name John so I even went as far to say great we will have short circuit Johnny number 5. Then he wanted the middle name to be after his brother and uncles (which also is my brother) Michael. I said if he's getting all of the mens names from his family my fathers name will be in there too. Soo John-Michael James is what we settled on. Its a mouth full but both families will be happy and I can skip the Johnny and call him JJ. If we have another boy I would like to name him with my grandfathers name and an old family name. Elijah Greer.
I picked Faith Grace for a girl. I just thought it was classic and pretty. I am not completely set on it but then I am not pregnant so I think I have some time.

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
When I was expecting my oldest son, I wanted Cory or Eric, however when he was born he didn't look like a Cory or Eric...the night before he was born I saw the credits on TV and loved the name Troy ...got that one. When #2 son was born I wanted Tylin,but hubby (ex) wanted just Ty. #3 son came along and I wanted Trent..MIL hated it. said it sounded like a trench....sooo I let hubby name him Todd, which I wanted to be spelled Tod, I lost that one. Son #4 I got...Telly!! It was gonna be Telly, boy or girl and I held fast on that one. All thru the pregnacies I wanted Traci Shannon...had no girl........UNTIL #2 hubby came along. I got that one too, Tana. All the boys have the same initials...TS :lucky:

mammaduke

Retire Member
Jan 19, 2008
Rochester,NY
I had 2 girls & both there initals are KC. My oldest was suppose to be born the week on Christmas so we came up with the name Krystal, when I got pregnant with my 2nd daughter we wanted to stay with the K theme so we came up with Karrie.
For boys names I wanted William James, after my EX, & my dad, but never had a boy.