Good Dishes on a Non-Holiday

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I, too, am a "dish" person. I have several sets and use all of them. Some are easy access and others are in the attic.

My opinion is that no one deserves the nice dishes more than my family, so we use them. I change according to season, or what I am in the mood for. I change them around all the time...makes life seem special even during the worst of times.

I don't worry too much about them getting broken, I haven't broken too many over the years...when I do I tend to apprecaite the ones that are left.

Love hearing how all of you enjoy your dishes also. :lucky:
Linda

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
Wow, I just had this conversation with some ladies the other night.

I'm guilty of collecting pretty china...I just love it. I have one wall of cupboards devoted to my "dishes". I love to mix it up and set a pretty table for no apparent reason. I bought it because I love it...I might as well use it! Some of my favorites are an old set my mom gave me when I first set up housekeeping. Nothing special about it, but I love the memories associated with it. I also try to coordinate the colors in my sets so I can use them together from time to time. I'm the same way with crystal, silver and table linens...I bought it because I love it...and I love to use it!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
That's awesome! chick1