Good morning

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I hadn't been here in a while. It seems as though I have time for only one thing at a time.....
Today, I chose this site.
I've been working on my special scrap books for each of the kids.
I am doing a scrap book for each child, based on the words to a song.
I'm repeating one song for two kids, even though there are a lot of great songs out there.
We have 8 kids, and I've completed three books.
Here's my list:
Arms Wide Open by Creed
In My Arms by Plumb
I'll Be by Reba
I Hope You Dance by LeeAnn Womack
I'll Be (again)
In My Daughter's Eyes by Martina McBride
My Wish by Rascal Flatts
You and Me Against the World by Helen Reddy

In my "family" scrap book I started with the song Child of Mine by Carole King and at our wedding, dh and I dedicated that song to the kids and all of us danced together to it.

Finding time for ourselves isn't always easy, and it's good to have this site to remind us!! Thanks.

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
Love...Love...LOVE this idea! :applause:

.....and I'm gonna "steal" it. I've finally got all of my photos sorted out, and put in year order.....I think picking a song will be the easy part.....what a GREAT concept. It will give me a jump start on where to go with the whole thing. I'm talking years of stuff......what a story it will be!

TFS,
Pippi

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Lolwlias...bless your heart!!! What a wonderful idea and such a loving place for you to escape and dip into your creative juices. You are creating memories and perserving moments in time...what a legacy.

You go girl!
Linda :flower:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Do you scrap lyrics from a song throughout your scrapbooks? Like, caption each page with an excerpt from that song? Sounds like a beautiful idea.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Your family is so blessed to have you!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
FrostyShimmer said:
Do you scrap lyrics from a song throughout your scrapbooks? Like, caption each page with an excerpt from that song? Sounds like a beautiful idea.

Not all my scrap books are based on songs. I kind of first got the idea when thinking of a "circle journal" project. There was a song called PRAISE YOU IN THIS STORM by Casting Crowns that I couldn't get out of my head and just knew that I had to scrap to it because of all I was going through at the time.
Then I did a page on the song REDNECK WOMAN with my dd a ddil just for fun....and I discovered how much I love scrapping to songs.
I print out the words to the song (usually on velum, I love velum) and then cut them up by paragraph or whatever...and just fit pictures around the words, and jornal the event like normal scrapping.
(Along with this project for the kids, they are getting a burned cd of the song their album is based on.)