good website to find books

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
If this isn't allowed, I hope the moderator will delete it, but I just wanted to mention a good website for book-crazy people, like ourselves!

paperbackswap.com lets you list the books that you don't want anymore. You list ten when you start and get a free credit. Then when someone requests one of your books, you send it to them, paying the postage. When they receive the book, you receive a credit. Then when you want a book, you pick it out, paying nothing. The owner sends it to you and they get one of your credits. You can earn credits by referring people, too, and you "meet" some nice internet friends, too. I have ordered probably 25 books from there, and have only had 2 that were not in nearly perfect shape, and one of those was destroyed by the post-office.

I just wanted to share about this good, inexpensive place for books. It is best for books that are not brand new, as there is usually a waiting list for brand new books, but if you can wait it out, you'll get them relatively soon, too. I like it for finding fill-ins on series' that I've missed one or 2.

Debbieoz

Retire Member
May 21, 2008
Rural Kansas
Another great place is bookcrossing.com . You list the books you have available and then you trade with people all over the world. That's where I was able to pick up a whole collection of Stephen King books for my son.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
I have been a member of paperbackswap for 2 years, you would not believe the nice books I have gotten!! I read alot of history, and have gotten beautiful hardcover books--retail of $25 plus...I have never gotten a ripped or dirty book, and I get pretty regular requests for mine, so I can keep up the credits..I get alot of books as gifts, and not all are to my tastes, and this has been a great way to send them to someone who would like them...they have a forum too, where people will have deals--like 3 for1 romance, etc...i got my mom a box of 10 romance books for 1 credit, and was able to tell them to ship it to her address...I just got a friend from work to try it, she is totally hooked...you can also list "wish list" books, and I have even gotten a few of those..my best MHH home story is though, last year someone in a forum recommended the book, "Santa, are you for real" for those kids starting to waiver on the believing bit, and I checked for it on paperbackswap, and someone had it, so I was able to get it right then and there..for free! :grin:

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
this is great when my daughter gets on a kick - she'll want every one of a series we can find, and even second hand on Amazon gets expensive. This way, we trade for them, and if she doesn't like them after all, we can just re-list. :)

I just got a book today that had NEVER BEEN READ! The spine wasn't even cracked.

Now, if I could just con my friends into joining and giving me a referral credit!