Gooseberry Patch 10th Anniversary

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasCheerleader

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yesterday I got my new Gooseberry Patch Christmas book and I was so excited when I saw the box that I just sat right down and ripped it open and browsed through.

It was such a let down! I love the other 9 books, but this one was just so-so. I miss the old format with the "recollections" and there wasn't that many crafts, the recipes look really interesting though, I have already marked several to try.

Has anyone else gotten theirs yet? What did you think?

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I kind of agree with you. I got mine on Friday. There were definitely some things I want to try, but overall it seemed like they filled up a lot of space with pictures. I too miss the recollection section and wish they'd made the cover to fit in with the others a little better.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I got a hardcover for...I believe $19.95 on amazon.

ChristmasCheerleader

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
Mine is softback and I got mine from Amazon as well. I think it was 16.95.

BTW- I made the White Chocolate Chip Cheeseball on page 78 and it is delicious!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
ooh....good to know!

I had an email that said something about the gooseberry characters retiring. I'm not sure if this means it could be the last year for this Christmas book?

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Well the email was about getting a calendar because it was the last year they were making it as the fictional characters were retiring. However, these characters are the same ones often referenced in the Gooseberry Christmas book. Come to think of it, the format has changed in the last few years. Maybe they've already weeded the characters out of the books? I'll have to check!