GPD day is here

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Just finished putting all my loose-leaves & tearfiles in a binder. Need to buy some seperators to identify my sections. Next time I'll check all my papers more in detail. Didn't have time today with work. :boo: Gotta figure out my costume for next year... and think if MAYBE the kids can have a halloween party...

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
For GPD we're doing some 'quilted" Halloween cards. I just drew one using the patchwork design. It has 2 Pumpkins, 1 ghost & 1 bat on it. My granddaughter is adding the color with my watercolor pencils(I'll do the paint part when she finishes)

I can't quilt(even tho I love the craft) but I can draw the designs. Can someone give me a site where I can see more quilting designs?

In my little electric oven have potatoes & polish sausage each wrapped in foil baking.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Holiday Joy,
That is a GREAT recipe. I found it in a magazine and its called Pumpkin Crisp and everybody loves it. Especially my co-workers. I did no GPD activity. Had to go to an appt. with DD today, ran by a couple of stores and home to work on this craft room cleaning some more. We are going thru EVERYTHING and there is ALOT here but I can see an end coming. Threw more away than I thought I would and my younger sister is going to get ALOT. (She doesn't know this yet--LOL)

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Holiday Joy said:
Forgot about GPD! Funny thing is, I ALMOST made a pumkin roll today anyway! I did work on my holiday recipe book. Maybe I'll search for some harvest-time recipes to add to my 'Recipes to Try' section. Here's a really good recipe I've made in the past. It came from http://www.cookbooks.com. Everyone asks for the recipe:

Great Pumpkin Dessert by Kay Casper
15 oz can pumpkin (not pie filling)
12 oz. can evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 c. sugar
4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
3/4 c. butter
1 1/2 c. walnuts or pecans

Prheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
Mix together first five ingredients and then pour mixture into greased pan. Sprinkle yellow cake mix on top of mixture. Then drizzle with melted butter and nuts. Bake 1 hour. This is like a pumpkin pie with a crunchy topping!

I missed this post. This looks like a tasty cake recipe.

Jingle Belle

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
The book and movie picks for February are...

Book- All or Nothing by Claire Cross
Movie- Phantom of the Opera

I'm not familiar with the book or the author (I'll have to look it up), but I have seen the stage production of Phantom. I wonder if the movie is similar.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Well I saw the movie beginning of January... it was a little too musical for me ... however I read the book of the Phantom (which is the basis for the movie) and the book is really something! LOVED IT.. It's a book really worth reading and much better than the movie.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I didn't get anything done, either-we were all sick! My little boys and i slept on the couches all day, then when DS15 got home from school, he was sick, too. We're a sad, sad lot around here.

So, no Boo!Bash2! plans got made-good thing I've got 9 more months to plan it!! I have decided to have it every year on the Saturday before Halloween, no matter what the date is. That will make it simple for everyone to remember.

I really just need to tweak my menu and get some shopping lists made. :hat: