Gratitude journal

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
I was at Wal-mart the other day and found a gratitude journal that goes with the book The Secret. I haven't read that book, but the journal is beautiful and would be perfect for writing in on Turkey day. If any of you are looking for a nice gratitude journal go check it out!!

Katty

MHH Member
Feb 26, 2008
:friendly: I'm currently reading the secret. will begin my gratitude journal tomorrow and will try a new sweet potato recipe.

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
What is a Gratitude Journal? Can you give us a summary on the book: "Secret"?

Thanks!

Pippi

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
Pippi said:
What is a Gratitude Journal? Can you give us a summary on the book: "Secret"?

Thanks!

Pippi

A gratitude journal is a journal that you write down all the things you are grateful for. All of the blessings in your life.It helps you see how much you have to be grateful for and gives you a more positive outlook on life. As for the book The Secret, I have not read it but from what I understand it's about being more positive and more positive will come to you. :bunny:

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
You're right crazymo, that's exactly what the secret is based on...the power of positive thinking!

I've used a gratitude journal for 23 years now. Each night, just before I go to bed, I make an entry of at least one thing I'm grateful for in that day. It ends every day on a positive note for me. I read the journal every new years eve...and what a revelation of things I've found to be grateful for!!!!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I haven't read the book but I've seen the film version of the book. Alot of good concepts.

I started using a gratitude journal again this year. I was writing in it on each turkey day. My list were fairly long on that day but I've realized I'm probably forgeting some of the things that I was thankful for. So will be writing in it more often during the month.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Ginger mentioned a Gratitude journal on her Turkey day blog, so I hopped over to my Turkey Day blog and posted also.

One thing I am going to do is get journals for all of my kids, myself and my Sunday School class. I'll plan a monthly Gratitude Sunday for them to write in their journals and do some sort of craft...maybe embelllishing their journal pages or something like that.

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
crazymo-

thanks for the "heads-up". I am so blessed in EVERY aspect of my life, I desparately need to write everything down, so I can step back and see it all.

Thank YOU!
Pippi

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
I introduced the idea in Sunday school last week. I told them the purpose and that we are going to actually create a journal. I'm going to put together books with 8 sheets of paper and cardstock "covers", staple them together temporarily and then let them decorate the covers and each page as they wish. We'll journal eight Sundays between now and the end of August when they move up to anothe class. After the last entry, I'll take the books apart, have the covers laminated and the books bound with plastic combs by our church secretary. Then they can take them home and look at them whenever they want. I hope they enjoy doing it. :pilgrim:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Great Idea Cathy!!

Don't forget tomorrow (Thurs) is Turkey Day...make those entries in your journals...I am adding a new aspect...Mon-Friday I send a daily email to friends at work and a few relatives...so tomorrow...I will include a Turkey Day message and an I'm thankful for list.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
My Sunday school girls have created their journals and we have journaled twice-once on Mother's Day and then again on Memorial weekend. We'll do it again for Father's Day. They really seem to be enjoying it. I have decided not to laminate their covers because most of them are dimensional and it would crush them. I'll try to remember to take my camera and get some photos of the covers for you to see. I'm very proud of those girls! They have done well.