Great Pumpkin Day Idea List

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Here's a list to get you started on Great Pumpkin Day Prep:

1. Make Halloween and/or Thanksgiving cards
2. Declutter/organize costumes
3. Update scrapbooks with Halloween pictures/Journal memories
4. Declutter/organize decor
5. Create a Fall Recipe Section or Binder
6. Work on Halloween/Fall section or Binder
7. Plan Halloween party
8. Watch Halloween DVDs
9. Browse Fall magazines/books for decor and craft ideas
10. Start a collection of ideas for party favors for the kids parties
11. Test a new fall recipe
12. Inventory/Organize fall dishes/linens etc/Declutter Too
13. Inventory fall party supplies
14. Make A Halloween/Fall rag garland or wreath

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
To celebrate this month's Great Pumpkin Day I've already decided what I'm going to do! ;)

1. I'm going to watch The Great Pumkin (Charlie Brown)
2. I'd like to complete at least 2 scrapbook pages from last Halloween :oops:
3. I am trying out a new meal and side dish

What are your plans this GPD?

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
:hat: Great new smilies!

By this GPD my party will be a done deal! We have a ballgame that night, and we are having guests for dinner on Halloween night...our best friends! We always celebrate together. I'll probably clean the house and I might put together some goodie bags for our few trick or treaters. It should be an easy day this month! :ghost:

:boo:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
:boo: That is a good idea. I might think about putting one together for my neice to go in her "Happy Homemaker" themed stocking. I hadn't thought about that, but she might like that. Thanks, Aggy! :bat:

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
My Sister who is a Halloween nut is having a Halloween party
and shes decorating her kitchen like a -- well I don't even know what to call it she's got snakes in jars and rats in jars and all kinds of creepy stuff anyway right now shes making a Grimriore
(spell book no creepy kitchen should be without one)
but it would be a cute Ideal for the Halloween planner to look like a spell book!

:jack:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Hmmmm, this GPD I will probably work on my Halloween Book, do last minute touches on decorations and costumes in preparation for Halloween night trick or treating!!

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
she's having a party on the 27th if I can get a ride to Austin where she lives I'll take a picture of it, Their suspending my License on th 20th.
It's all she talked about the other day, but if I know her it's been done for a while now.
Born Organized and creative to boot, she dreams it up and it's done ((sigh))

:bat: :ghost: :bat: :ghost:

java elf

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Ohio
tarachapman.blogspot.com
I'm pretty sure I'll be putting last minute touches on my daughter's ladybug costume. =) It's almost here! :hat:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
It's too late to use this year but I just had a thought. For your Halloween notebook next year, you can use the wardrobe planner to keep track of costumes for each family member.

It just came to me as I am working on putting together a Halloween notebook for my DF as a Christmas present.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I will be baking something with pumpkin - I have some new recipes to try. I will probably be helping my daughter finish her costume since she has no idea what she is going as.

:jack: Melanie

qltmrkt

Premiere Member
I have to work at my 2nd job on Halloween this year. (I work at Hancocks some nights and weekends). We live out in the country and don't usually get any trick or treaters plus all my DK are adults and no GK yet. But DH is a hs teacher. I am going to put together a large glass jar of candy with a Halloween note on it from him. Next year I plan on being at DD28 house. She lives in a big trick or treat subdivision. She probably could use the help !