Guess what I found out today!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
We have ANOTHER WEDDING coming up!! The sister of the Sweetest Groom is getting married in October. Sigh. So much fun!! And, we have a whole 5 months this time to plan, scheme and dream!! I'm so excited-a fall wedding to work on! Isn't that the BEST!! :jack:

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
Sounds like lots of fun! I am sure the wedding will be beautiful. Fall weddings are so beautiful.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
How exciting! I can't wait to see what you come up with! :jack:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wow! - this will be fun to follow! Let's see - there is more time to plan this one, isn't there? How did they pick their date? Was the reception place available then - or was there some other reason for the date chosen? Viva Weddings! :flower:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Fall should be close enough to ask each guest to bring the new couple a Christmas ornament. Have a Christmas tree at the reception to display them. Each guest should attach a tag with their name.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Ahorsesouol - that would be a nice shower idea or baby shower idea or first anniversary party idea or housewarming party idea!!!! You could get a small artificial tree with lights - and make the tree and ornaments part of the decoration and part of the gifts! :cloudnine:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Great idea! The date was chosen by the ditzy little bride, so who knows...her birthday (and mine) is in October, so that may have something to do with it...

Right now, the plan is to have the ceremony and the reception in my mom's backyard, with a back up plan of using the church fellowship hall, if weather is crazy.

I don't know what she's got up her sleeve, but I guarantee you THIS bride is not like the last one-when you would ask the last bride what she wanted to do about this or that, her response was "I don't care...whatever you want to do." Miss Priss (the next bride) will not be so docile. Trust me. She's "my girl" and a whole lot like her Aunt Cathy!! Oh, dear!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well, it all sounds fun! We have two weddings coming up soon ... one in June and one in July. July I can't attend as it's in the Cayman Islands!! ... but it's fun to know about it. :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
jampss,
I say save your money by not going to the first wedding and to for the July one! lol

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
:)
Thanks, Ahorsesoul !!!
:)

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Here's a quick little wedding update! Not a lot to report, we're still in the planning stages.

The Beautiful Bride, hereafter referred to as "Miss Priss" has found a lovely spot by the river where they often small gatherings, and is inquiring about it's cost and availability. She really has her heart set on this spot, so I'm hoping she can get it. We'll have to rent a tent, but that should be the biggest expense. Remember, her dad grows pumpkins and hay, and she wants a really rustic, yet elegant, event.

We are still looking at bouquets and other flowers...here's a peek at a few that she really likes:

Autumn Bouquet

Sunflower Bouquet

Picture this with orange and yellow roses

She is actually being pretty reasonable, for someone so like me! She knows what she wants for her wedding cake-this is the basic idea:

Autumn Cake

More details as they become available!

Here's a funny little twist to this wedding business-the most recent groom was the current bride's brother; her mother (my ex but still dear SIL) got married Sunday, and her dad, my brother, told me that he bought an engagement ring this morning for his beloved! And, her little brother just bought a house and is probably going to be popping the question to his sweetie soon! How crazy is this family?

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
The pictures you showed were sophisticated and beautiful!!! This is going to be SUCH a lovely wedding!!! :cupid:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Love all those Autumn colours Cathymac, and the cake is fantastic. Wish such wonderful things had been around for my Autumn wedding many moons ago.

:flower:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Wow, those pictures are awesome! Fall is my favorite time of year. Looks like a great wedding in the works!
::eek:rnament: