Hallowe'en 2010, Trick or Treaters census

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
You sure can go through a lot of those mini bags before you realize it!
My sister told me about a man who buys kids leftover candy from them at a dollar a pound and sends it to the troops. For their consumption-but a lot of them give it to the kids they see. Sounds like a great idea.

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
We only had about 60 but last year it was nearer 100. Having said that there were a few kids who insisted on doing laps of the estate and after a third time of giving the same kids treats I had to say no more! It's not fair on the other kids. We also had some teenage girls looking sweets while texting on their phones. Personally I think if you are old enough to be texting and not actually interested in the concept of Trick or Treating then you are too old to BE Trick or Treating!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Holidaymama we take our kids around the school they go to. We live on a small street there are only 20 houses on the road. We also live near a huge development that thousands and I mean thousands of kids go to everyyear out of the question that I take my kids over there. My kids school is three mins away on a good traffic day 10 on a bad. Quite a few of the teachers live right in that area and some of the ones that don't visit other teachers houses so that they can see their students on Halloween night

As for us before we left around 6 we had about 50 kids and thats not including, the kids that live on the street we had our street trick or treating party before dinner. Think that kids had enough candy after that.

Someone said something about somone paying for candy we had a local denist do that here.

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
We made up 50 bags and we gave all of them out! We had spares just incase anymore kids came.

I've posted on my blog what we gave out in the little bags and pictures from our Halloween party.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Christmasrocks, love your Halloween stuff! the bathroom is awesome! Monster plan is a great idea!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Forgot to add my own :)

We had 53 trick or treaters this year.

Last edited:

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
We had about 75...much lower than usual. I think the middle schoolers must have gone to parties instead this year!

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
Christmasrocks, love your Halloween stuff! the bathroom is awesome! Monster plan is a great idea!
Thanks! Two years now we've had the monster plan at the party and everyone loved it.

Christmas_Rocks, I love your bathroom and the monster machine. That is so cool. Your food table for the party is very nice. I love the brain and heart. I don't know if I could eat any of it though. LOL
Thank you. I think I got the brain mold off of amazon. Much cheaper than what they were asking from ebay!