Halloween Books

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
I am not sure if these books qualify for Halloween, but one of the main characters is a vampire...and not not a Count Dracula type ;-)

It's the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyers...she is a new author, Twilight being her first success, and then it's New Moon, and the best which is the third Eclipse...the final book is coming out in August and it is titled Breaking Dawn.

Ladies...these books are the BOMB!!! They are HUGE at at least 500 pages a book, but you don't even notice because the way this lady writes, you just want to keep reading and reading and reading!!!! I read the first three in two weeks...the last book, I stayed up all night to read and finish!

You'll have to google her because she has the first chapters of each book on her website. The main characters are highschoolers although you will find out quickly that the vampires are much much older...anyway that's more than I should even give away. The author is great. She has really strong Morman values and the book never gets past pg-13...

I recommend them to everyone! Oh and her new adult book is called The Host...haven't gotten to that one yet!

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
I'm eagerly waiting for Twilight from the library. You've made me even more excited. There is a film in the making, too (US release date 12 Dec 2008; most rest ~9-12 Jan 2009). For those who are interested, here's a trailer.

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
These are awesome books. They are my daughters very favorite books so I am reading them to see what the fuss is. They are engrossing!!! I'm almost done with the second one and will be ready to start the third and we already have the fourth pre-ordered!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
If you get a chance join us for chat in The Christmas Cupboard....but you do have to join...The Merry forums and have 25 posts to chat. We will be doing a Halloween Books for Children chat tomorrow Sunday June 29th...I am going to provide a link to a printable list I put together...its suppose to be an incentive to come to chat...LOL...but since you may not get in all your posts in time to join us....I might be talked into posting it here!!! We are going to be having LOTS of great chats in the coming months so you should consider joining us!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Can't remember if I posted this link or not...it is to a short printable list that I put together for the Halloween chat....mostly books for 3-8 year olds....

Children's Halloween Book List

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Thanks for the info, I have not heard of them. Will look them up my next library visit!