Halloween magazines

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Little Elf

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Well, I got my first Halloween magazine from my roommate. He went to pick up a few things and got something for our kids and then surprised me with a magazine. I saw it was devoted to Halloween and let out a "Woohoo!" He just laughed saying it didn't take much to make me happy. It was from A Taste of Home. Mostly it was recipes with a few crafts and costume ideas. Just wish I could find it now. I think one of my kids swiped it to read. LOL! I really have to think what I'm going to be for Halloween this year and get the kids thinking about what they want to be as well.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Cool. I think that is the one I glanced through at WM the other day. Does it have orange spider cupcakes made with oreos and black licorice? I am going to make those this year!

I will only buy one or maybe two Halloween magazines...so I have to keep my options open and check out all of them to make sure the one I pick is the one I really like the best. ;) I did pick up a copy of last years Martha Stewart Halloween for a quarter at a garage sale last weekend, though.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Oh, I'll have to check this out! I love Halloween magazines.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've looked yesterday and no magazines are out here yet :( but should have some soon :)

Little Elf

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Candysprinkles...its green with caramel apples on the cover. And I just picked up another one today...Better Homes and Gardens. Looks good...eerie edibles*cute kids' costumes*wicked wreaths*creepy centerpieces*clever outdoor displays.
I think I'll go get a cup of tea and sit down to read it. :D
Hope they come out in your area soon luludou!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I just picked up Martha Stewart's Halloween magazine today at Target. I'm looking forward to browsing through it tonight after the boys are in bed.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I picked up my Martha Stewart on Sunday. I was so dang excited going through the checkout line. Had a whole conversation with the check out lady. She made the mistake of asking me if I decorated my house for Halloween. I had to share my whole graveyard plan for the front yard. :)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Love it! Fall is in the air!

Annie

CATZILLA

Retire Member
Nov 3, 2010
West Gastonia, NC
This here is one of my favorite Halloween magazine covers !

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I got my Halloween issue of Good Housekeeping in the mail today. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I haven't gotten my Taste of Home yet. But, I will say that I am disappointed in that subscription. The version of the magazine you get in the mail isn't nearly as good as the seasonal issues you can buy in the newstand. It makes me mad that they have a bimonthly magazine and then put out 4 or 5 more holiday issues that don't come in the mail and those cost about 9.99 each, too. I would rather just have the seasonal issues and not get the subscription at all!! It was nice of the MIL to gift me the subscription, but it is really a bummer that all of the best issues aren't part of your subscription.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
CandySprinkles I agree with you.
Catzilla - that is a great picture :)