Halloween movies

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Bumping this thread for 2015! :) Sorry if I list any repeats, I don't think I saw any of these already:

Younger Kids:

Pooh's Heffalump Halloween Movie
Mickey's House of Villians
Room on the Broom - Animated version of the book; SO cute! Very funny! DH and I enjoy just as much as DS does!
Curious George - A Halloween BooFest - Really cute, DS has watched this over and over and over already this year! lol

Tweeners:

Walt Disney's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow cartoon

ET (I know, not really Halloween, but great trick or treating scenes!)

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Adults:

Ghostbusters! Both!

Clue - LOVE this one! Tim Curry, Madeline Kahn, Christopher Lloyd, Leslie Ann Warren and so on - nothing spookier than that mansion at night!

Van Helsing - Hugh Jackman -- Nothing says Halloween like vampires and werewolves

Aresenic and Old Lace - Cary Grant -- Hysterical and classic!

Beetlejuice

The Sixth Sense

The Mummy and The Mummy Returns - Brendan Fraser

Last edited:

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
LOVE Arsenic and Old Lace-if anyone has not seen it-find a copy somewhere-TCM has it on periodically-Cary Grant at his best...we watched Corpse Bride last night and my DGDs love Rollie Pollie Ollie Spookie Ookie Halloween.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
AJ-I got the DVD Room on the Broom for DGD and watched it-I loved it!! Such a sweet story-thanks for suggesting it! :ghost:

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
I enjoy watching the Halloweentown movies. twitches movies. Beetlejuice Haunted Mansion Casper & Casper meets Wendy Peanuts of course When Good Ghouls Go Bad Hocus Pocus Under Wraps. Also enjoy Reba's Halloween episode and Garfield's Halloween.:ghost:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
The Chucky pranks are too funny!

My kids 2 favorites are Halloweentown and Hocus Pocus.

Watched Sixth Sense with DS the other night - that's a good one. Had to threaten the older teens with pain of death to not spoil the ending!

How about some of these older movies (not for the little ones):

Rosemary's Baby and The Omen Series
Salem's Lot
The Exorcist
The Twilight Zone series
Children of the Corn
Something Wicked This Way Comes

I watched Poltergeist last year and was disappointed too. Wow, that's due for a remake!

Another current one I have on the list for this year is "Scary Movie" - it just cracks me up! This is about as close as I get to slasher movies. Steven King makes me hide under the covers!

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
We watched Sleepy Hallow over the weekend. Love Johnny Depp & Christina Ricci in it! Perfect w/the rainy weather we were having.

Here are a few more favorites:
Urban Legend
Fright Night
Lost Boys
Ring

Casper for the younger folks (tweens). Christina Ricci is in the one I'm thinking of (1995). Nightmare Before Christmas also perfect for Halloween & Christmas.

Last edited:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I need to take a look at the tv and see what's coming up. I was working hard at clearing my DVR for Christmas and then all the new seasons of tv stuff started..I've kinda put all movie watching to the side.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I had to go look up Halloween tree..lol