Halloween Party Idea for Tweens and Teens!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
GPD got me thinking about what I did last year for my daughter's Halloween party and it was a hit. I thought I'd share for those of you who might be headed in that direction and want to start planning.

First we let them make their own scary movie outside. My daughter's camera has a video option on it, but I'd suggest an actual video camera (if you can trust them) becuase the small video camera just didnt work well in the dark. I left out old costumes and props. I also told them to bring along any props or old mask they might have. I have a Halloween graveyard scene set up in my front yard, so it added to the storyline. :applause:

Then when they started getting cold, I served them chile in a cup, so they could carry it around and warm them up. After they got bored with that, we
had a Tent set up in the front yard. Wrapped it with "Beware-Caution" tape. Then we ran ext. cords to the tent and set up a tv and dvd player inside and the kids wrapped up in sleeping bags and blankets to keep warm and watch a scary movie. I don't let my 13 yr DD watch rated R movies, so that was a challenge. She had just watched when a stranger calls (the new version), so I went with an oldie and had them watch poltergeist. A bit scary, but one of t those scary movies they could laugh at as well. We're in Colorado, so it was cold, but luckily not snowing or raining. Later in the movie I servied Hot Chocolate and then tried the scare tatics from the outside. I got them the 1st time :rotflol: with a loud siren, but after that it wasn't so easy.

I had the normal stuff inside; punch, snacks and cake, but they really did stay outside most of the time. We didn't have a ton of kids, but we fit about 8 or 9 kids in a medium tent.

Funny thing is, when my daughter went out early this year to sell Girl Scout Cookies, one of the people down the street said...OH....Yeah...your the house, who had the tent set up in the front yard last Halloween. Guess that's not a normal occurance at the end of October in colorado. :confused:

Here are a couple pics:
Tent

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Shoot! can't see the pics here at work! but love the idea... seems like they had a wonderful halloween... good memories for them to keep.