Happy Planner 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Is anyone else using the Happy Planner for the new year? I bought a 2021 in November and am just finishing up my 2020 planner this week, of course. I have tried to note memories more, along with the usual planner things.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have the Silk & Sonder journal which does have a weekly layout, but am debating still buying a planner. I know when I get hired to teach I will want a teacher planner. However, i'm thinking about buying a Erin Condren or a Simplified planner. Erin Condren has so many options that I was a bit overwhelmed looking. Simplified has a nice pineapple crest cover that I like and you can choose a weekly or monthly layout, but they are pricey at $50 and $60 each. I've gone with Blue Sky before and they sell them at Target so I might just end up picking up one of those.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I usually buy At A Glance. I’ve used them for years. I bought a blue sky this time at staples. (Thanks for the recommendation Jess!). It’s pretty simple looking. I like that is smaller and the lay out. Plenty of room for all my notes and reminders. I don’t need anything too complicated now that I’m not working. The only thing I’m not liking now is the print isn’t as bold or dark as I need it to be lol.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I'm looking, too. I've used a DayTimer planner, 2 page per week, for 10+ years, but forgot to order it this year (I retired in Sept 2019). My local office supply store is out of stock and the cost of ordering online is ridiculous -- almost as much for shipping as the refill. So, I'm weighing my options and will look at Target and Meijer this week. Normally, I'd set my planner up on NY Day; but since retiring, it's ok if it takes another couple of days.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I bought the Erin Condren hourly this year (I usually buy the vertical layout which has three boxes per day (morning, afternoon, evening type set up)). I'm hoping the hourly will help me block out time slots for my various activities so I'm not always trying to catch up on things. Between the hourly planner and a timer, I should stay on track.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I use a blue sky planner for my teacher plan book. Its The teacher planner version. I’ve been using it for 4 school years now.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I ended up getting a Ziga Media Weekly Planner (18 mos., though 6 mos. have already passed) on sale at our Barnes & Nobel. It was the only one that had a layout that would work, and it was cheap ($5.48, including tax). But, I'm still going to need to keep my Day-Timer planner binder nearby, as it includes all the other "stuff" that I need on a daily/weekly basis -- addresses, medical contact information, financial tracking pages, etc. May just watch Amazon to see if Day Timer puts the pages on clearance there.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
When I worked I used a Day Timer two day spread and it worked well and kept me out of trouble as I recorded all that I did;)

Now I look for the most simple one possible with just the days of the month and pocket sized. I picked up a small two year one yesterday at Staples. I promise to write only in pencil this year!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I picked up a Day Designer yesterday at Target for around $16 (price matching their online website). It has a nice large two page area for each week, and each day has a large area with lines and half of that space has little blocks running down the middle with a To-Do at the top for a list. At the bottom of each of the weekly spread is a space for gratitude and notes, and there is a quote on each weekly spread. At the front of the planner is a whole section for goal setting. I debated between this and the Blue Sky, but it was the lines on the weekly spread and the goal section that swayed me toward this. Trying something new.

I did find my Happy Planner from 2017 last night. If I can find replacement inserts then I will use that again in the future, but I had trouble finding replacement inserts for it when I needed them from here on island. Maybe when we get back to the mainland and I have Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and all of those awesome places to shop again.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana

I found this today. Some of you may be interested. Some parts are free. To get access to all 1000+ files, it's $4.99. You print it yourself or there's a way you can take it and have it professionally printed (didn't explore that, so don't know may details). It looked interesting to me. I may look at it for 2022 (Lord willing). I've already bought another one I found online for this year.