Happy St. Nick's Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Did you leave out your shoes for some goodies? Evan did and his shoe was filled with candy and there was a gift bag with three small presents in it....so much fun!!

St. Nick's is a lot easier than the 24 days of Christmas gifts and just the right amount of excitement (along with the elves) to make December a magical month for little ones!!

:tree:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have a friend who does this too. It always sound like so much fun.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
We didn't do anything here at home but the girls put their shoes out in the hallway at school and they were filled with candy and little trinkets. They loved it!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I love hearing that some school systems are still sharing the Christmas season!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Yes we did. It was funny because my 14yr old asked this past Sunday where their St. Nickolas shoes were. Because it was just about time to put them out. Its funny because my 14 yr old does not really ever say anything about anything but he was the first to remember this day.

I did feel bad since I have been out of this this year with all the grief that is going on around us. I have a freind that just lost her 16 yr old son to colan cancer last friday and we also lost a very close friend of the family that was like a grandfather to my brothers and I the same day.

So when it came to filling the kid shoes I kinda was at a loss this year. There are certain things that go into their wooden shoes. I forgot thier silver dollars so they got paper ones. The letter that goes into their shoes I didn't have the energy to type up so just photo copied it. This letter is a tradition that was passed down from my grandfathers parents. My grandfather hand wrote this letter to his children when they were little, to all 35 of his grandchildren when we were little and to all 42 of his great grandchildren right up until we lost him 2 years ago.

What was I tinking my kids that are 11,12,14 and 15 know what they get in thier shoes same thing everyyear. The only revision from what I got as a child is they each get a new pair of socks to fill those shoes just something corney I started when it came to me doing these. My kids asked why they didn't get thier silver dollar (umm I forgot to go to the bank to get them, but we can go switch them) each one of my kids have every single one they have received so we will go switch them. Also I made each one of my kids cry when they saw thier letters including my 14yr old because they saw their great grandpas writing and they all decided they miss him so much. I guess I will remember to type those letters everyyear for now on.

But when we were haveing our special cookies that night a reciepe handed down from my great, great, great grandmother they said I made thier day special as I do everyyear. And you know my 11 yr old can make the best cookies ever think these cookies are going to be her job everyyear now