Have You Had Any Magic Lately?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I think we need to look small for our magic, sometimes.

Late this afternoon, I was sitting on my old chaise lounge, scratching the amazing number of mosquito bites I had just gotten on my ankles. I was about to go inside.

Then, I heard a father and 5-year old daughter walking on the other side of my bushes. They could not see through the bushes to see me. They saw the Halloween decorations I've started to put out on the public side.
"Oh, look," said the daughter.
"Oh - they're starting to get ready for Halloween,' said the father. "Do you remember that last year they kind of hid some decorations in the bushes?"
And they walked down the path together, talking.

These decorations are mostly from the dollar store. There is nothing expensive or classy about them. They are just non-scary things. fuzzy bats with "Boo" or "SCARY" written on their chests in white letters. Cute smiling ghosts. Halloween sayings painted on signposts. They are stuck in 8 foot tall, thick green bushes along a wood-chips public path. There is a sparkling, shallow creek on the other side of the path. These decorations are unexpected gifts to the passer-by.

To me - part of the magic is - that all last year, not one single decoration was taken or harmed. Every passerby accepted it as a gift to them to enjoy. To remind them of the magic in life.
And the fact that so many people - of all ages - accepted the magic..... that was the gift to me.

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
The gift you received in return for your efforts, was "priceless". A smile & anticipation in their voices would warm any soul.

We can all do something small in these troubled times to make someone forget for a moment their worries, and feel "magic"

Pippi :boo: .

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
How wonderful, it's things like that that make it all worthwhile.

:batty: