help! I need cinnamon ornament recipe

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
1/3 cup applesauce
1/2 cup cinnamon
1 tablespoon tacky glue
Mix the threetogether.
Roll out the dough. Cut out with cookie cutters. either large or small cutters. Put a pencil point hole at top for ribbon to hang with. Let dry overnight.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
A couple of tips I use the same recipe as coffeenut. Any glue will do we were shown how to make these with school glue when my oldest dd was in preschool. Also what I have noticed is most of the time it takes more than overnight to dry what I do is flip morning and night until dry.

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
Thank you for the help. KimD I believe the one you were talking about is the same one that they used in our school and it is the recipe I was looking for. I finally got the stuff today and I will be starting my project tomorrow. Dorene

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I am thinking of having DD make these next year for family- how far in advance could you make them but still smell nice?

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
I made them. They came out great! Thank you everyone. Kim, the school glue worked great, thanks. I think the fragrance lasts a long time. Twinkle if you put them in an airtight container they should be fine for this coming Christmas. They smell pretty strong right now. Dorene

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Twinkle I still have the ones the oldest dd made in preschool she is now in 7th grade and they still smell great, when we take them out every year.

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Great! Now I might actually get these done over the summer instead of the night before we are giving them out- this year she was putting together perler beads ornament just before heading out the door :frown: - Crafters challenges here we come!!!