help needed -Santa/elf letter

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I was not very creative with the letter part. I just added all information into the Santa letter and used glitter glue to write each of the elves names onto their luggage (red wine bottle bags) so my kids would know who was who. If you want to include a personal letter, maybe you could just tuck the note into their luggage, or wrap it up into a box with a little candy treat. Your kids can find the little box when they unpack the elves bags. You could also do something similar by putting the note in a candy ornament ball like the Hershey one's that open. Maybe add a bow and write you children's names on the bow. Another idea would be to decorate a toilet tissue tube with Christmas scrapbooking paper, cut additional paper to make a cap for the ends, write the elves names on the outside and put the letter inside the tube. Last year was our first year with our elves. They didn't actually communicate with us. They came with the elf report notebook (a candy striped post it note type pad) and a silly santa pen. They wrote in secret code so the kids couldn't understand what they were reporting back to Santa. I was thinking though that I might use the tube idea if the elves want to leave the kids a message here and there.

ladybugsmom

Retire Member
Sep 18, 2008
massachusetts
Perhaps the letter could appear the next day in the converstaion notebook? You could frame it as the elves were looking around your kid's stuff and they noticed_________. Which is something they also like to do. They could ask your kids where they go during the day? Then they could tell them about their day at the North Pole (ie. they work in the reindeer stable training the reindeers, feeding them etc. or in the candy cane painting studio etc.)