help to make christmasy

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
he is really cute. Some Chrismtmas ribbon bows to his shoes or baby Christmas socks over them. Also you might be able to find a small Santa hat to replace his. They sell small Christmas sweaters at craft stores sometimes for bears and dolls so you might find one that will fit him.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
his hat is stitched to his head, his jumper and trousers are removable so i can add to them.

the only thing i could think of doing was adding a xmas motif to his jumper BUT i cant find any.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I f he isn't for an itty bitty person then Jingle bell! sew them to his hat or give give a jingle bell necklace! our elves are the same so to keep them seperate I sewed teeny jingle bells to one's collar and put a snowflake charm on the other. You can buy a glittery thread(forget what it's called) for cross-stitching that you could detail his outfit with somehow. and maybe sew him some tiny elf slippers from felt. He is VERY cute! Congrats for the newest elfin member of your family!

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
I f he isn't for an itty bitty person then Jingle bell! sew them to his hat or give give a jingle bell necklace! our elves are the same so to keep them seperate I sewed teeny jingle bells to one's collar and put a snowflake charm on the other. You can buy a glittery thread(forget what it's called) for cross-stitching that you could detail his outfit with somehow. and maybe sew him some tiny elf slippers from felt. He is VERY cute! Congrats for the newest elfin member of your family!

this is elf 1 of 2 new 1s!!! the girl hasnt arrived yet. she is going to be in training this year! she has red/white stripey tights, a green skirt and red top.....and no name! LOL! she was sold as an xmas rag doll. so may have to jazz her up abit to.

i cant use anything from craft box as kids know whats in there - so go buy something to use. the elves DONT get played with as they are "real elves!"

small bell necklace could work, or i make a scarfe with bells on it!

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
i have found some meatl snowflakes in with xmas decs - they are bit bigger than your thumb nail. i am going to add 1 to each shoe and at least 3 to his hat. just his jumper to try and sort out.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i may have an answer - found some orange/bronze/yellow/green check ribbon on ebay..... can add bit round base of trousers legs and sleeves of jumper.

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I was thinking you could add jingle bells to the shoes. My elves are going to arrive with slippers this year (themed baby booties). Some christmassy baby slippers may fit your elf too. Sometimes when the hats are stiched on, it may not be all around and the threads can easily be clipped. I took the hat of a dollar store stuffed animal for one of my elves this way. Since his shirt is removable, maybe you could find an inexpensive sweater from a stuffed animal, or just make a pullover one out of polar fleece, felt or fabric. For Christmassy motifs you could also probably glue on a glittery foam snowflake, or cut the design from a piece of fabric and glue it on or use fusible web. You could also just make a pocket where the orange part is. I like the idea of the scarf to cover up the other orange part. I think it is the orange that takes away from him looking Christmassy.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
I was thinking you could add jingle bells to the shoes. My elves are going to arrive with slippers this year (themed baby booties). Some christmassy baby slippers may fit your elf too. Sometimes when the hats are stiched on, it may not be all around and the threads can easily be clipped. I took the hat of a dollar store stuffed animal for one of my elves this way. Since his shirt is removable, maybe you could find an inexpensive sweater from a stuffed animal, or just make a pullover one out of polar fleece, felt or fabric. For Christmassy motifs you could also probably glue on a glittery foam snowflake, or cut the design from a piece of fabric and glue it on or use fusible web. You could also just make a pocket where the orange part is. I like the idea of the scarf to cover up the other orange part. I think it is the orange that takes away from him looking Christmassy.

the orange round the neck is a hood to the sweater, and the orange on the front is a pocket.

if i get the ribbon i have found i think it would work as it has orange in it.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
How about a christmas tatoo (snowflake), on his face? Could be made out of craft paint, ink pen, .. I don't know if real tatoos can be added to clothes.

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
maybe look in your local shops for some stuffed animals dressed in Christmasy clothes that you could dress him in? or look around for preemie sized baby clothes, my son had a REALLY cute outfit when he was a newborn with tiny blue knickers and an offwhite shirt with little elves on it, SUPER cute!!

I'm not sure if Oriental Trading ships to the UK but they alot of times have Elf dress up stuff ;)

Sorry I can't be more helpful :(

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
I think he needs a scarf :)

i'm hoping towin the orange/yellow/green ribbon, i can then put some round bottom of his trousers and make a scarf with some more of it.