HGP 2023 - Week 14 - Holiday Decor Week!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Welcome, welcome, WELCOME to Week 14!!! Are you ready to decorate??? :cool:

The holiday season is HERE, so we’ll bring it home this week, organizing holiday decorations and decor storage.

In holiday prep, the Christmas tree makes an appearance as we complete holiday decorating. Are gift packages ready for mailing? It’s time!

Ready? Let’s get organized with Decorations Week at the Holiday Grand Plan!

Holiday Prep​

• Decorate house and yard for holidays.
  • Have a craft day for children.
  • Prepare all packages for mailing and mail this week and next. Mail all overseas cards.
  • Plan a caroling evening or other social family evenings.
  • Procure and water the Christmas tree!
  • Order turkey.
  • Are we having the company Christmas party? See checklist.
  • Read “The Polar Express” aloud to kids.

Reactions: Whusky and halimer

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Feeling better this week and ready to tackle holiday decor! Started on Friday actually and got most of the hard part finished!

To Do List This Week!

• Focus on décor prep and tasks! This is final week before we host guests for an event of some kind every weekend in December!!! :eek::D
  • Finalize package prep for boxes to be shipped
  • Ship packages

Holiday Prep:

• Finalize appetizers I am making for first dinner party in December
  • Create breakout grocery lists for prior to each event in December drawing from Master Holiday Groc List
  • Finish grocery shopping needed for dinner party next weekend
  • Buy at least 2-3 stocking stuffers
  • Spruce up inside the fridge – Make room for extra holiday food coming up! Items guests bring to the party!
  • Finish Christmas Cards!
  • Get a shot of DS and the dogs under the tree and order prints for the Christmas cards!
  • Mail Christmas Cards!!!
  • Review desired list of photo “shots” for the coming month - Practice telling Google to take the picture!

I'm HIP deep in decorating right now! Been working on it since day before Thanksgiving - taking down Fall - putting that away - and getting out Christmas!

I'm going to try and post before and after photos of my chaos! I would love to see similar from anyone who wants to! Or feel free to just post the AFTER if you prefer! I get it! LOL ;):D

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Here is a shot of my controlled chaos on Friday!

treebefore.jpg

And here is an improved - but not finished - situation this morning:

holdec2.jpg

Will post more later! Need to hop in shower and then head out to do some Christmas shopping errands! Then I'll be back home to dive in again!

Happy Decorating!!!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
AJ - beautiful!

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Absolutely beautifyl, Aunt Jamelle! And, yes, you are hip deep in decor! I've just started mine.

To Do for Today
pack and put away autumn decor
hang door and garage wreathes
move furniture to accommodate Christmas tree
run serving pieces and beverage glasses in buffet through the dishwasher and replace
(I unloaded the buffet to make it lighter to move)
dust all furniture in living room and LR floor
set up tree

bring ornatment boxes and holiday linens bin in from garage
decorate tree, including tree skirt
finish Christmas cards and MAIL ON MONDAY

Other To Do This Week
launder guest bedroom linens and remake bed
holiday runners and decor on end tables and coffee tables in Family Room and in Living Room
pillow covers on couch pillows in FR and LR
Put "everyday" Christmas tablecloths on dining table; iron tablecloth for Kitchen table and put it on
Holiday dish towels out
Change towels in each bathroom and in main floor powder room
Change various candles and wax melts
Set out angel collection
End of week -- hang deck railing and wreath (it's snowing now and will be too cold to do it until Thursday or Friday)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AuntJamelle

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Decorating I need to do yet is
put lights on the MHH tree and MHH ornaments
Decorate main tree
Set out Christmas kitchen decorations
Put out all my different Nativity scenes. May put the all in curio cabinet will see when I get that far.
Put storage boxes back in the garage
Lastly, vacuum and dust.

Tomorrow I would like to wrap gifts and put them under the tree.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
AJ, beautiful! My chaos is messy lol!
My goal is to be completely finished with everything by end of day Thursday. I’m ironing linens yet today. Then finish the clean up of my mess tomorrow. I need a center piece for the dining room table. I might enjoy some fresh flowers this year instead of my usual fake.
Happy decorating everyone!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ. That is beautiful.
I decorated yesterday, not as much as I usually do but I am happy with it.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Slowly switching out the mantle for Hanukkah. The downstairs bathroom has been done - not much to do there - and the next time I go upstairs I will turn on the lights for my personal piggie tree.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Slowly switching out the mantle for Hanukkah. The downstairs bathroom has been done - not much to do there - and the next time I go upstairs I will turn on the lights for my personal piggie tree.
Please post a picture of your piggy tree! I would love to see it.

Reactions: Lori K

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I got the trees decorated and other decorations are out and displayed. I still need to clean. I will post a picture after I get the cleaning done.

Reactions: Lori K and halimer

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Life has been a struggle this week and I'm nowhere near where I want to be. Panic is starting to creep in, and I'm working hard to keep it at bay. I think with having my DM here for Thanksgiving and seeing / experiencing her decline, feeling guilty about not being closer and visiting with her more frequently, combined with it being late DH's birthday ... it's just hit me like a load of bricks for the first time in a long time.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Is there a story behind your piggy tree?
Not really Amelia. I think I started "collecting" different types of pigs sometime around 2000 after finding an adorable stuffed one - Rosebud - in a Hallmark store. DH and I also support a pig sanctuary in AZ.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I am finished!!! Everything is done. I finished shopping yesterday and wrapping early this morning. Have made plans to exchange gifts with folks outside the family. Lunch next week with my cousin. We will exchange gifts, order flowers for our elderly aunt and go to the cemetery together. I was able to order the ham yesterday. We even moved the gifts from the basement to the main floor office (can’t wait for my chiropractor appt and massage).
Lori, sending you hugs. It’s so hard when our parents start failing.
Halimer, well your tree is adorable. The rescue farm up the road always has pigs. People get those sweet little baby potbelly pigs. They dump them off when they get to be as big as a house. So sad.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Not really Amelia. I think I started "collecting" different types of pigs sometime around 2000 after finding an adorable stuffed one - Rosebud - in a Hallmark store. DH and I also support a pig sanctuary in AZ.
Have you ever visited it? Sound like an adventure.

Reactions: Lori K