HGP 2023 -- Week 16 -- Maintenance

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
A little late, but we're almost there. It's Maintenance Week, time to do the "touch ups" to keep your household in tip-top shape for the holidays. Give the end tables a once-over, run the vacuum, swish the toilet bowls and wipe down the sinks. Just the minimum to maintain things.

Instead of spending time on dinner prep and cooking, pull a freezer meal (if you made them) to use. If not, put something into the crock pot and let it cook all day, so it's ready for dinner when you are. Make time to complete any baking, get any last-minute cards and packages into the mail, and enjoy to some holiday music while you're at it. And take time for you, too. A little pampering goes a long way!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
This week is full of Christmas breakfasts, lunches and dinners ( and a funeral). Except for 1, all gifts will be delivered.
Refrigerator and freezer will be tidied up in anticipation of groceries next week and will finish up grocery list. Already set up to make Chex mix, most likely on Saturday.
The big day is getting close!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My fridge is bursting with all the goodies that we just have at this time of year.
The house just feels like Christmas.

Whusky

MHH Member
Jun 7, 2022
UK
My fridge is bursting with all the goodies that we just have at this time of year.
The house just feels like Christmas.
Yum!
Since my husband clearly doesn't think that this time of year is busy enough, he has ordered us a new fridge freezer, and a new bed... The bed frame is being delivered next week (we're currently sleeping on a mattress on the floor!). So it feels Christmassy here, and also chaotic.
It's my daughter's birthday tomorrow, and it always feels like 'real' Christmas after that.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Whusky, happy birthday to your DD. I hope that all the new furniture gets there well before Christmas.