HGP 2023 -- Week 17 -- Celebrate!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
This week brings us to a mere few days before Christmas. This week is time to finalize those last few tasks and take time out to celebrate the holiday. Maintenance tasks should be minimal -- a quick dust before company arrives, etc. It's time to celebrate the season.

For meals, pull from your freezer meals, if you have them. Clean out the refrig and use up those leftovers to make space for your Chrismals meals.

Enjoy your holiday this year!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Minimal work this week.
Will sweep, mop, and bathrooms Friday after I pick up the ham and grocery shop. Husband will do touch ups Christmas Eve morning.
Saturday husband is in charge of dinner as tradition. I’ll do the cheese ball and pull soup and cabbage rolls from the freezer and set the table.
We will eat freezer meals pretty much all week. Looking forward to my chiropractor and massage appointment.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I'm about where you are, @Myron's Mom, once I get through today and part of tomorrow. There've been so many interruptions in the last 2 weeks that I kind of stumbled a little. But, my kitchen will get put back together today, and tonite I intend on finishing all gift wrapping and can reclaim my dining room table. Weds. will be a "me" day and the rest of the week will be touch-ups, setting the table, groceries for the holiday, etc. I will need to bake one item on Friday or Saturday morning, to take for Christmas Eve, but that's it. I can't believe how a) quickly it's coming and b) I'm not in panic mode.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Groceries shopping done and the ham is picked up. Butcher shop was packed and if you didn’t order a ham you weren’t getting one. There were several unhappy people this morning.
Tomorrow I’ll prep a few things and I’ll be ready for Christmas Eve!
Enjoy the rest of the week.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
It's looking like we are on the same page. I had a short list of items I discovered that I missed getting during my regular grocery shop, so made a quick run to the store mid-day. It was packed!!!! I ended up parking way out in the sticks, and got one of the last small shopping carts. There were no regular-sized ones available, and the cart attendants were running out and back as quickly as they could. The aisles were packed, and people were cutting through, but everyone was pleasant and extremely polite. I can't tell you how many times I heard excuse me; I'm sorry; would you please hand me one of those? Oops, he got red butter instead of blue, so sorry. And one poor guy wandering through the aisles asking everyone where he might find butcher's twine. Last I saw, he was asking at the meat counter.

Tomorrow, I have my last crochet class of the year, and then will pick up the potato salad. Then, I'll set the dining room table, so everything is ready for Christmas Day. Learned today that there will be one more joining us for dinner, a friend of DSIL's with no one to celebrate with. Always room for one more.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul