HGP: Week 7 Guest Room Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This week will be a difficult one for me. Spare room is packed with misc items that have no home elsewhere. At least the spare room is downstairs now and not part of the main level of the house!

I will need to discuss things with DH and get his help before I tackle relocating some of those items. Eventually we want to do away with using that room as a spare room at all - and turn it into a playroom for DS instead. But for now I just shut the door!!!

This week I am going to be hitting the ground running every night after work to prepare items for a fund raiser bake sale this weekend.

A friend of ours was hit by lightning a few months ago and has been in the hospital/rehab center ever since. He was out of work and his wife is in school so the medical bills are a real burden to them. This weekend is one of serveral events friends have organized to raise money to help them out.

I have several things I want to make and it will take every weeknight to get things prepped, some things frozen until the last minute, etc.

I don't know how much time I'll have left to devote to even the holiday tasks on my HGP list! :( But I am hoping to squeeze in some Christmas cards somewhere.

If only I didn't have to sleep!!!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
This week, I just hope to get to the weekend!

My Christmas prep will consist of trying to get hold of some cards (I am giving up on trying to make enough for everyone - any made will be a bonus).

The guest room is actually not too bad as we had taken a lot of stuff out recently. Although we have to bring another couple of carloads to the storage unit this weekend (the attic conversion is due to start in 2 1/2 weeks). And that will actually include the Christmas decorations - the work is due to take 4 weeks so that would be perfect timing to bring them home and put the tree straight up (I think it will be the fake this year as I think we are both veering in the direction of Christmas "down home" and letting MIL cook the turkey! LOL!)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
As usual i am running behing but since we don't have a guest room this is a bonus week for me. I need to to a good cleaning to my master b/c i think some one is staying w/ the boys that night while i am at work and my room needs to be clean for them.