HGP Week one 9/28 List and Porch week.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
The PLAN always starts at the worst possible time for me...right when school starts and I go back to work...but having a smaller home I can usually catch up...so I will be running a couple weeks behind everyone until I do...

PLUS my house is a BIG WRECK....(again because things get behind...just so tired at first with returning to work) ....but that being said.....I need to get busy...

BABY STEPS help too.... :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to find one white mum plant for my pots outside the garage. Then I'll be done with the front porch items. Today I sprayed with a long lasting bug spray. All around the outside of the house, around the windows, both porches and the garage. Hopefully this will cut down on the spiders coming in as the weather gets cooler.

horsemama

MHH Member
Jun 22, 2011
farmerswife - thanks for the welcome and being so nice

I managed to dig up one of my dead bushes in the front and replace it with one from the side of the garage. woo hoo! that was a job!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Just some follow up notes!

I reworked the wreath for the front door so it would fit! It is simple but pretty - just stuck some fall leaf sprays into the bottom right "corner" of a grape vine wreath and called it done!

I also took 15 minutes after returning from the doctor on Friday (who told me to get plenty of rest BTW lol) to clean up the front flower beds.

I felt a little dizzy when I was done but the feeling of satisfaction outweighed the physical discomfort!

DH put down some bug barrier stuff around the house perimeter this wkend so we are good there. I do still need to clean up the side porch flower pots - poor things have all died from lack of water - but that will have to wait until I have time!

Oh - and Winged One - I am in awe of your completed tasks! You rocked HGP Week 1 - that is for sure!!! :)