HHP 2019 Starts September 1st!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It's hard to believe that holiday prepping and cleaning time is almost here. We are still in the midst of hot and humid weather but there is a tinge of change in the air. Cicadas and crickets fill the air with their sounds. A few leaves have yellowed and fallen to the ground. Class lists have been sent for the upcoming school year.

It's hard to say good bye to the summer days but knowing that getting ready for Christmas is around the corner makes it easier. For those who are new, here is a summary of the various plans: https://christmas.organizedhome.com/holiday-plans

Who else will be joining me in the House and Holiday Plan? Are there things that you are thinking about doing now to get ready for September 1st?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Can't wait, Since most of my weekends will be very busy I am going ti try to do things during the week after dinner, Not sure I will be able to get as much as I would like but I guess a little done is better then nothing.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Excited to get started.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Can't wait, Since most of my weekends will be very busy I am going ti try to do things during the week after dinner, Not sure I will be able to get as much as I would like but I guess a little done is better then nothing.

I've found that after dinner works for me most of the time. I think it's because it just seems to be easier after cleaning the kitchen up from dinner. I'm already in clean up mode at that point.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Well since we got a new washer and dyer this week I started with the laundry room :) Weather is suppose to be beautiful this weekend so the plan is to open the windows to air out the house and tackle the upstairs: 2 bathrooms, hall closet, our bedroom and the hallway. Will tackle the kids bedrooms next weekend.

Going to pick up more cleaning supplies tonight or tomorrow.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have decided on a rough plan starting September and moving through to November. I will be on holidays for 2 weeks in October so that will put a little chink in the plan.
I think if I can do one room a week plus add stocking wrapping days and gift wrapping days I should be OK. Have also added baking days. Because I wrap and bake with my mum it will mean getting double done at once so that will help.

Busy time ahead but for sure but if I follow the plan I should be OK

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm also in this year! I don't need to do any serious room purging so I'm going back to the HHP plan.

horsemama

MHH Member
Jun 22, 2011
I'll give it a whirl. I'm still in my purging stage, but at some point will need to stop sorting thru things and get the house clean and ready for the holidays. It's been a short but hot/humid summer here, ready for fall. :) The good thing is during my sorting I found a couple holiday decorations I thought I lost. LOL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am in and so excited!! I am not too concerned about the holiday prep as Christmas is pretty simple with just me and K. My focus is on the cleaning plans. When we moved here in May, I quickly unpacked and then focused my attention on the outside and everything I wanted to do in the yard.

Now, I am ready to work on the inside of the house!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

I need to do a little tidying up on the outside. My brother is a gardener/handyman so I hire him every spring to come and tidy up, wash windows etc.
I am keen to get on with the inside too. Love Spring cleaning.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I am in and so excited!! I am not too concerned about the holiday prep as Christmas is pretty simple with just me and K. My focus is on the cleaning plans. When we moved here in May, I quickly unpacked and then focused my attention on the outside and everything I wanted to do in the yard.

<Wave> So happy to see you here again! What did you do in your yard?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
<Wave> So happy to see you here again! What did you do in your yard?

Thanks, it is nice to be back here again.

I planted a small garden that was almost completely destroyed by two hail storms that we had in July. I have gotten a small amount of tomatoes and we are on your second planting of spinach. The 10 raspberry bushes are doing well and I am hoping to get a nice crop next year. My daughter planted pumpkins and there are 3 so far. I had two compost bins custom made and I love them.

There might be more, but I can't remember.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Everyone counting down? I'm always so ready to start come September.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Yes! 2 more days!

I am starting to listen more to conversations for gift ideas. I want to keep paper in my pocketbook and upstairs for those moments when I get a gift idea. I already had a few but forgot them. :rolleyes:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Here!! *waves* Actually I'm going to sleep right now but wanted to check in. Eager to get ramped up on the plan. We have so much to do! Back in a day or so to read all this and catch up with everyone! Hope you have all had a great year! :)