Hi everyone

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

grandma bucket

Retire Member
Oct 5, 2009
****o everyone, I have been posting and never really introduced myself. I love the holidays especially Christmas.
Compared to most of you I am starting rather late in the season at organizing for Christmas. Being an old hat at it you would think I would have it down pat and I usually do. Until last year, I had a massive heart attack on December 23rd. I just wasn't feeling well through the whole season and my usual last minute method of doing things was just not working out all that well. Now we know why.
So this year I am determined to better organized and experiencing as little stress as possible.
I have been reading through your posts and just love all the tips to be found here.
For example, I just never thought of freezing my cookie dough, I just usually start at dawn one day and make a gigantic mess for a couple of days until it was done. With two cookie exchanges to attend that was four days in December spent up to my arm pits in dough and chocolate.
So thank you everyone for your posts, I am enjoying them very much and you really are teaching an old dog new tricks.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Welcome grandma bucket! I'm sure you have lots of things you can tell us too!

Glad to have you here

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Well, grandma bucket, I am so glad you have made yourself known. Welcome to our family.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Grandma bucket --- how wonderful that you have decided to be active in our MHH Family! You can help us remember to stop worrying about being perfect -- and just enjoy ourselves -- at a stress-free pace! And hopefully - we can help you keep your goals realistic!

Along those lines -- I have moved a lot of my Christmas goals --- to January of 2010! I am happy and excited about being able to do things in a relaxed and stress-free way ---- during the winter days of January and February! Rather than trying to cram everything into the weeks left before Christmas 2009!

grandma bucket

Retire Member
Oct 5, 2009
Welcome!!! Love your name!
Thank you for such a warm welcome. You know when you walk around the house singing "there's a hole in my bucket Dear Liza dear Liza" the kids tend to call you Grandma Bucket. When my grandson was a little over a year old he started saying bucket, well it sounds an awful like something else doesn't it? We do not use that language in our home and although I never said it out loud I thought maybe the other set of grandparents did. Imagine our surprise when we made the connection to the song. That was the day as I was singing the song he looked right at me and said "Grandma Bucket!". Now here I am forever known as the grandma with a hole in her bucket aka Grandma Bucket. :D

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Welcome, Welcome!!!

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Welcome...enjoy your time here...it is great!!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Welcome!! Glad you have joined us.