Hi!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Mini

Retire Member
Sep 10, 2009
I joined this group a while back, and forgot I had joined it til just a few minutes ago! Sorry about that, it's been a heck of a summer here. :p Have I already introduced myself?

Mini

Update-- since posting my hello my dear sweet hubby passed away last Monday night from a heart attack and blood clot in the brain brought on from all the chemo, medicines and surgeries he had. Thank you for all the warm welcomes, but for now I can not even think about the holidays this year. I lost the only person in my life that mattered to me (except for my kids, of course) and with him gone I am so empty I can't even think straight. So I will be dropping from this group for now.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Welcome, Mini! So glad you could join us. MHH is a wonderful place to share ideas and prepare for the holidays together! Jump right in and if you have questions - don't hesitate to ask. (it's a VERY friendly bunch!)

Mini

Retire Member
Sep 10, 2009
Hi Colleen! Thanks for the welcome. I do love the holidays, used to be big into Halloween, but real life got in the way of doing anything Halloweeny, so I do all my decorating in mini for my dollhouse. But I do love Christmas in a big way!

Mini

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
:welcome: to MHH! I look forward to sharing the holidays with you!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Hi and welcome!! Glad you are joining us!!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
So glad you came back. Welcome home!

Mini

Retire Member
Sep 10, 2009
Thanks again all! I am hoping to have a good holiday season this year. Last year my hubby was diagnosed with lung cancer, and it was looking for a while like he wouldn't be around for last Christmas. He has beaten the odds and has passed the year mark, and things are looking good for him this year. So I am excited about this Christmas season!

Mini

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
:welcome: so glad you found us

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Mini - WOW! Good for your husband -- and for you too!!!! Now... you can settle in and REALLY enjoy yourself... by reading the fun threads here at MHH!!! Enjoy!!!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Welcome! What good news about your husband! I've always thought it would be fun to decorate a doll house...alas the boys are not interested! Do you make or buy decorations and things for the mini house?

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Hi Mini, and welcome! :)

Mini

Retire Member
Sep 10, 2009
Thanks again all! Hubby still isn't out of the woods yet, not with this particular type of cancer, but it's starting to look real promising.

Kim, I mainly try to make most of they minis for my dollhouse, but sometimes I will buy some. I also swap with other dollhouse people and they send me stuff. You don't have to have girls to have a dollhouse, my daughter is almost 30 and she really doesn't care for them. The dollhouses are mine!

Mini

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
Pam -- Love to hear Welcome Home! It reminds me of our trip to Disney this past February. When we'd get to our resort, the bus drivers would always say Welcome HOme! Good memories!

Mini -- I would LOVE to see pics of your dollhouses decorated! I have one that I built when I was a teenager out of a kit. It's really pretty. Maybe my dd8 would enjoy it now. I'll have to bring it down from the attic.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Mini - I'm restoring a doll house for my youngest niece. She's turning 6 in December. I'm not sure what age to give it to her though. I want to give it to her at Christmas decorated for Christmas and then give her seasonal decorations as the years go on.

I too would love to see some pictures of things you've made for the doll house.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Very glad you are here! This is a great group of people.