Highschool youth bonfire

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
I'm having our church highschool youth over for a bonfire. I could really use some ideas. (This will be in just a couple weeks) I'm thinking chips and dip, marshmallows for roasting, chocolate candy bars (smores), homemade cookies (better than plain graham crackers any day), soda, water....
I'm going to add tiki torches around the back yard so that we have extra light... What would you suggest? These teens are amazing! I could really use ideas!

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I think adding a crock of Hot chocolate or apple cider, and maybe some hot dogs would be nice too. Sounds like fun.

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
9 highschool youth came to my house on Friday even though it was below 40 degrees for the bonfire! They loved the rice crispy "swirls", home made cookies, dirt cheap chips, nachos, veggiesand dip... and it was all gone! Nothing was fancy, but they were all so grateful!! Even cleaned things up!! These kids were amazing! All they really need is a place to sit down, talk, and have their voices heard. It was WONDERFUL!!! I can't wait to have them back next friday to bake cookies for the church ladies to sell at Applefest! (gotta love these highschoolers!)