Holes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I have a hard time following the grand plan - just doesn't seem to work as well for me so here's how I plan to do my spring cleaning.

1 - Holes
Holes are closets, cabinets, armoires, etc..... I plan to declutter & clean them all.

Once the holes are done (and believe me that is the WORST part), I can start following the grand plan outline.

2- clean room by room, walls & ceilings, drapes, windows & furniture.

that's my plan...

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
OK -- I agree! The "holes" are THE WORST! The closets, cabinets, cupboards, etc. etc. -- horrendous! At least.... they DO seem to get better each time you go through them!

My BEST cleaning times are January and February. Not much else is going on during those months!

The rest of the year..... I have to keep "inventing" reasons to clean. Having house guests is a GREAT incentive. (Talk about fear-driven-cleaning!) Having people over for dinner is a very good incentive. Having people for brunch is also good..... it is in the daytime, so people get a good look at how clean things are!

Having someone in to do a repair job is good. (You need to be sure the area they will work on is clear and clutter-free.) Having someone come in to "professionally clean" is a great incentive -- since people cannot clean where there is clutter!

Having dh decide to clean something gives me a huge lift and is a great incentive!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
My hole was the guest bedroom. I managed to get it all squared away. Now I just have to maintain it so that it doesn't become a junk room again. All of the other areas in my apartment are kept in pretty good shape.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Love the hole idea! I cleaned under the kitchen sink, it was a really black hole!