HOLIDAY Notebook Challenge - Week 3! Calendars

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

zchristy

Santa's Elves
Here is the info I had started for Week 3 - Calendars. I apologize that it is likely incomplete - My husband and I had a friend who became very ill and he passed away this morning. So my next week's will likely be delayed. Use the time wisely to finish the sections you haven't been able to complete as of yet.

Week 3 - Calendar

Time to think ahead to the end of the year. Are there dates you know already? If you check websites of your neighborhood's annual traditions (Tree festivals etc), they may have dates for '08 already posted. It's never too early too early to pen them in. Start planning ahead now for the dates you can - book vacation time, note school break etc. Imagine how happy you'll be in the summer and fall when everybody in the office is scrambling for time off and you're
already safely booked!

Those of you who follow the Christmas Countdown plan from OC or another more formal plan will want some info on your calenders individualized to that plan.

OC 2008 Calendars: http://organizedchristmas.com/printable-forms-calendars

If you follow another plan, or like me - make your own - you can print up regular calandar pages and add your own tasks.

Regular calendar pages: http://organizedchristmas.com/monthly-calendar

For those of you who don't follow a designated plan, here are a short list of some of the things I schedule. Post and let us know if you think of any others specific to you and your family.

~Call Starbucks re: Cheer Party
~ Buy PJ's for the kids for Christmas Eve.
~Decorating (tree, house, outdoor lights etc)
~ Plan date to firm up menu for Christmas Eve or other entertaining and make grocery lists
~ Buy gifts to be mailed and mailed by Nov 15.
~ Note baking items..bake ahead and freeze what you can
~ Inventory and Buy Alcohol
~ Change camera and smoke detector batteries, test C02 detector
~ Note new Christmas movies/specials in theatres and on tv
~ Operation Christmas Child Shopping
~ Wrap kids presents
~ book haircuts/waxing/ dental or Dr appts if applicable
~ Inventory dress clothes, shoes, tights for concerts
~ nventory Winter Coats, ski pants, mitts, scarves late summer
~ inventory Christmas wrap, tape
~ inventory pantry
~ inventory ornament and christmas light hooks
~ Put up Christmas lights
~ Plan Christmas crafts
~Schedule wrapping party
~ Family Pictures
~ Letters to Santa
~Tree Festival
~ Buy Christmas products from Lush

If you take part in Rudolph Days, you may make detailed agendas/calendars for those special days too!

What other suggestions and tasks can you suggest to everyone here for their calendar section? How have you tweaked your calendar section to your advantage? Besure to post and let us know!

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
My thoughts are with you- please take your time- that is the great thing about planning year round- it lets you get things done when you can- you have given us some great projects to get us started- I still have to get my recipes in order.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
My thought are with you. Take all the time you need! :heartbeat:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
So sorry for the loss of a friend.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Sorry to hear this news. My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Melanie

Gadler

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2008
Sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
My prayers are with you and all the other family and friends of the loved one. I did purchase a notebook but haven't started one yet. I do enjoy reading all your advice.