House & Holiday Plan 2104

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It's nice to see more are joining in. I was so busy last week that I forgot about the plan. I had a little panic moment thinking that the HHP started this week and I was already behind. Glad to see that I have a few more days before it begins.

I got those cookie kits put together and I'm so glad that I did. The school schedules are starting to trickle in and I forgot that Thanksgiving is late this year.

As for how I handle the Christmas notebook, I do like to have something written but I have to be careful where I put it down. Sometimes I put my lists in my email draft folder so I can read it from my smartphone if I'm out and about and I see an item. I can double check sizes, etc.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I printed all my pages today. I'd already done it for the HGP, so I reprinted and pulled the others. I'll use many of the same sheets, but the rest is done! I like that it starts out with basically planning the first two weeks, because I have the next two weeks to get my daughter back to college and then I'm good to go.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I was feeling so motivated and anxious to start the countdown, that yesterday when I got home, I went straight to the spare bedroom and started dusting off my desk and bookcase. Then I went through my checklist making sure I had all my tools/supplies needed for the holiday season. All my Christmas books, recipe books, planner, Christmas cards, etc. are at the ready. Anything I didn't have like ink for the printers and postage stamps, I added to my master shopping list.

I'm really excited this year! :) I feel so much better than I did last year. I just hope I can keep up this momentum. I think I will.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Way to go Aggy!!

Looks like everyone is rarin' to go!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Awesome, Aggy!

I've committed my no-tech nights (Tues and Thursday) to working on the holiday plans and cleaning out my storage room.

Annie

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Michelle, Aggy & Mary, you gals are a hoot. I cannot wait to begin with such an amazing group of friends. Aggy, hold off on those stamps. The holiday stamps will be coming out in the next few months.

Michelle, that is a terrific idea putting your lists in your draft folder on your phone's email. I think I might try this. I try not to carry a big purse at any time and especially during the holidays. It makes me feel like I have a target on my back when I do. Can you tell I was mugged before? LOL I wasn't hurt but it was a good lesson for me.

Only 4 more days till we launch the HHP!

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
4 more days!!!!

YEEHAW!!!

My notebook is on my computer and ready to go. I have Christmas thoughts and ideas bouncing around my head and I am so happy!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Annie, great idea!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Seems like everyone is ready!

Annie - I like your way of thinking. So much could be done if there was no-tech... even for a few hours!

Can't wait for the thread to start for this 1st week.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
DD and I were talking last night and I told her how excited I was that the HHP was starting this Sunday. She said, "Already?? Wow!!".

Somehow we got on the topic of food and in 15 minutes we had our Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years's Eve menus planned.

How cool is that???

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Nice job Mel. You have started a tradition in your family of early Christmas planning with your DD.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
After looking throught his plan I think I'm going to try to find a way to combine it with the HGP & do a combination of both HGP & HHP.
I am enlisting my dd for help. (She doesn't know it yet.)
I am a week behind due to a knee injury & being on crutches, but now I will start full force.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Welcome Lolwlias (now this is hard to remember) LOL

You customize and do whatever you need to do to make "A HOLIDAY PLAN" that works best for you and your family. That is the most important. Glad to have you on board.