How do I make it special?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

santamama

MHH Member
OK, Where to start!!! We've been going back in forth over whether to stay home or go to my aunt and we finally decide to stay home b/c we don't want DFIl to be alone on Thanksgiving Day (He does his family dinner on the Sunday after) so it will just be the five of us - our everyday crew. I want to make it special, more than jus a dinner.

My menu

Small turkey
mash potatoe w/ chesse
mack and cheese
Green bean Cassarole
cranberry sauce
cojelled salad
pumkin pie
check mix - appatizer
apple cider sweet tea.

I cooked last year but we had two guest.(No longer in the family. I want to make it special for the kods. Moody radio ussualy play the story of Thanksgiving. Of course, we'll watch parade and DH amd DFIL will watch ball games.

How can I make this day more special??? :turkey:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Have everything ready to go the evening before. Have a crock-pot breakfast on Thanksgiving. Rent some movies, play some games and relax with the family. Take some photos before and during the meal. Just enjoy yourself and be together.

I agree spending time together will be more special. Have everyone participate in preparing the meals. Nothing is more effective and heartwarming than teamwork. Have everyone share their Thanksgiving stories-the good, the bad, and the hilarious....lol Watch the parade on TV while eating breakfast, etc....

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Someone here mentioned making a Thankful Tree (I may be saying it wrong). While you all are together, get everyone to write down and share what they are most thankful for on some color craft paper - could be the shape of leaves or the shape of your hands.

Gingerbug has written a wonderful story "Cranberry Story". Someone could read it aloud to the rest of the family or each family member could take turns reading a section. I'm adding a copy to the Thanksgiving color/activity books to give to my nieces, nephews and little cousins.

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
I mentioned the Thankfulness Tree and I think this would be a wonderful idea to incorporate into your special day. I'm sure your family would enjoy it and if anything it could become a new family tradition.

Just because it's your 'everyday crew' doesn't mean the day spent together is any less special.

Take pictures, play games, watch movies, watch the parade, make a day of it.

Whatever you decide - I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving. :pilgrim: