How do you pay for Christmas?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Eaglesax

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Middle Georgia
I too create a budget. For friends and extended family I shop all year looking for bargains, trying to buy at least 2 gifts a month (starting with after Christmas sales). Of course along the way I find a few things for Ds's & DIL, but buy most of their presents in the late fall when the latest greatest big boy/girl "toys" and electronics come out, indicated by their wishlist. For that I have a specific amount of money set aside in my auto deposited savings account.

The biggest help was the OC suggestion of shopping for stocking stuffers all year, keeping a handled bag on a hanger in my closet for each stocking to be filled. By Christmas I usually have too much for the stocking, but it is right there and I know where everything is :applause: My DIL's if almost full already with great "girlie" bargains and sales, having 2 DS's i'm realizing how much easier it is to buy for a girl! That was always my down fall each year forcing me to hit the stores a few days before Christmas in a panic just trying to fill the stocking.

New underwear and socks are a tradition in our family, so every back to school "tax free" day I make a point to buy them. It keeps me on track, they're usually on sale that weekend and it's one more thing marked off the "to do" list.