How Is Your Notebook Working

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
How are things going?

I'm doing fine on the decluttering, organizing, cleaning part. I'm "doing fine" because I have reduced my goals until they became realistic. Comfortably clean, somewhat decluttered. (Slowly becoming more decluttered year by year.)

How are you doing?

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
I haven't made a notebook yet. I have the supplies and have printed out a few things but really need to make it, maybe this weekend. Seems like i have had a few very busy weekends and haven't gotten very much accomplished. So i need to make the notebook and start implementing it. Maybe actually start writing things to accomplish on my calendar. :jack:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Since I started one in OneNote, I seem to use it more often than my actual 3 ring binder one. I have everything in the digital one that I need and update it whenever I need to. I don't have to deal with clutter or unwanted information because I can just delete it. LOL

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
I have my notebook organized and working for me.
I have been addressing my Christmas cards which I finally found at Borders. I made a bunch for the swap here but for family I love the LANG cards but the designs have to 'jump' out at me before I buy them. I rubber stamp the bottom left corner of each envelope and emboss the design, then add return addresses and now I am addressing them to the recipient.
My gift list is slowly getting filled in with ideas and purchases. I have bought alot for DD and SIL and my FIL is finished but I am putting $$ on to the Walmart gift card weekly because DS wants electronics and he changes his mind day-by-day as to what he wants. I have been crafting all summer so I have a lot of homemade, papercrafts to give to service people and teachers too.
As to home organizing and cleaning..I am right on track. Each room gets the attention on it's week and I have been also doing side projects of overhauling cupboards and the pantry. A little at a time sure adds up in the long run.

So..the ending result is that "With huge THANKS" I am getting organized and prepared for the holidays well in advance and it will be soooo enjoyable this year with less stress!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I have not been using it as much this year, I have been keeping all my documents on a memory stick to use with our home computer or my laptop :-|

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I have to day I love my Christmas notebook and couldn't live without it. I look at it almost daily and am constantly tweeking it and updating it. Mine is really working hard for me!
:frosty:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I love my notebooks. Since I've had them several years they do not need much adjusting now. I'd be lost without them.

Just the menus and shopping lists are priceless.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I completely redid my notebook a few weeks ago and I am using it more this year than I have in the past. That is why things are going so smoothly so far!!

:skate: Melanie

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
:santalol:
Love my notebook! Been keeping an ongoing list of gifts for everyone and gift making ideas to keep me on track! YEA!

Gadler

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2008
I also love my notebook. I tried having lots of notebooks as well as my Christmas notebook (eg camping note book, recipe note book etc.) This did NOT work for me at all - way too fragmented. So now I just have my Christmas Note Book and a book I call my "Blueprint" which has all my other stuff in it - eg tax file numbers, goals etc. Boring stuff, really. These two books work exceptionally :bigsnow: well for me and I make a point of looking into each at least once a week, but more often daily.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
This year is my first year with a notebook and I have a Christmas one. I use it but need to MORE! I am getting it situated to my taste. I really can see the benefit in one so I know it will be a definite keeper for the future. With lots of ideals, recipes, crafts and all printed out.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
::eek:rnament: ::eek:rnament: ::eek:rnament:
Wow! I like to be organized and I like forms ... but I'm impressed ... since 1992! Cool info to have if you like statistics. I have only .... three years of back Christmas info to see buget and gift ideas, etc. And yes, writing things like "new garland" or "more and updated new Christmas tree lights" on a master shopping list for the following year really helps as you are putting it away ... 'cuz you know you won't remember it next year! ;-)
:friendly:

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
I still have mine all set up but I need to start writing things in it...I've bought a bunch of gifts and little things and haven't a clue where they are or what they were! Yikes! I also have a new computer so I need to upload all the old Christmas fonts I had in there so I can keep typing in my pretty Christmas style! lol

I think my Christmas card list will be the firswt thing I update...I REALLY need to do that since quite a few people on there have moved!

Looking forward to really getting good use out of it this year! Hoping it'll keep me well organized.

Belles

Retire Member
Completely revamped mine this weekend, ran off new dividers and eveything and really gave it a new look. More on track this year then last, don't know why; unless it the stress we put on being organized...Becuase this year I have tried much harder to plan and carry out my cleaning and organizing techniques.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
last year I made a pusre size one that I carried around and it worked ok it was cute but am not positive on how practical it worked for me. Am working on finding a better one that works for when I am out and needs to make notes.

I put tog. a 3 ring binder and am fixing it up now. This will be the first year that I put it to full use. So far I like it. The dividers are basic numbered and I have a key in the front page what is under each number. (Rudolph day plans, gifts, elf fun, decorating ides) and a folder to receipts. I am using my Cricut for some other stuff and am currently decorating each cover to best match what they are for. ie christmas tree w/ presents on the gift page. Need to find one for the elves though....

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I just redid my gifts master list - I use an excel spreadsheet for this to combine it with a budget for THAT element of the holidays, and partly a crafting list also.

My other notebook - the hardcopy one in a binder, is working ok too except that I haven't had time to update it. But the basic lists are there and I am getting some stuff ticked off. Just not adding undone tasks on to later weeks when I might get them done.