How is your shopping coming along?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Is everyone mostly done? Still in the thick of it? What have you been doing to button up those last items on your list?

Stocking stuffers?

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Always stocking stuffers here. I have some monitory gifts but that can wait till last minute. I think we are down to the little things. Need to get it on paper to see

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Mostly done... a few sstuffers missing for ds (so hard to find ideas for young adult boys).

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I still have a couple things to get for Eli and clothing items to find for DD. DS is completely done as far as gifts but everyone needs stocking stuffers and candy still. I also need to figure out a few inexpensive things for DH, as well as stocking stuff.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I am pretty much finished. DS is done. Puppy is done. I am done. As usual because I shop throughout the year as I see things. I have lots left over. I also add and subtract things depending on what DS actually requests. I have a whole box of goodies that I will keep til his birthday or next Christmas or give out as birthday gifts to those birthday parties that DS attends throughout the year.
I still have a few generic items to pick up- wine and chocolate. I did have these items but I opened the wine for me and DS and I ate the chocolate so I need to replace them.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Stockings - done!
Gifts - still waiting for two online orders to arrive, everything else is wrapped.
:elf:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I believe I'm done. I do not have anything for the dogs. Twillow is getting a heated bed. lol

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Still shopping and will knock out the rest of it tomorrow. Stuffers are pretty much done. Teen DD is being such a challenge this year. The kid has an iPhone and now wants a poloroid camera. Really? That's so not happening. But otherwise she just pretty much put clothes on her list. She's not going to be happy on Christmas morning with nothing to play with. But a poloroid?? There must be a better idea.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Cindylouwho - That's hilarious! :) Too funny!

I think I am 99% done at this point. Some gifts are still in the process of being shipped but should be here by tomorrow mostly, one arriving by 18th.

I have one more gift to pick up for DH on Monday and I will finish stocking stuffers and dog bones while at Meijer for weekly grocery shopping.

Picking up gift cards for people I am shipping to on lunch today.

It sounds like we are all in the home stretch! Woo hoo!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I am so far behind in buying this year it is ridiculous, but I guess an unexpected heart condition takes precedence over Christmas. Plus, everyone got their lists to me so darn late!!! Actually, Thanksgiving day! Surely they knew before then what they wanted???!!! We did spend Christmas in Ochsner's 29 years ago when my Daddy had to have open heart surgery, so I know that it can still be Christmas without all the gifts and decorating to go with it. Just being thankful to be together and be alive.

I hope (Hope, hope, hope) to finish shopping Saturday. Who knows?! If not, I will do some shopping after work next week. I don't think I'm tied down every night. I have to be finished with DS, DDIL, DGS, and DD22's fiance' by the 19th because we will be having Christmas with them then. I can, however, finish up both DD's the week of Christmas. EEKK!!!

I have only a few stocking stuffers, but have ideas of what I want, so that should go quickly.

Good Job to all of you who are about finished or are finished!

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
My shopping is about 70% done. Still need stocking stuffers for DH, mom & dad. I'm trying to talk sis into shopping tomorrow. My plan B if I'm not shopping is to start wrapping. DH still has lots of shopping to do for his family. He's really behind this year. So, we'll be out there next Friday trying to finish up.

I just mailed the one package to friends overseas, but New Year's is their big holiday. So, it should arrive in time. Still need to buy a few Christmas cards. My list is so short it seems silly to buy an entire box of cards.

I still have too much to do, but it will come together!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I went out today to try and finish up. Almost there!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm going to go order the last one in a few. Kinda put it off, but need to get it done now. I went through the stocking back to evaluate last night. Those look pretty good, except for my puppy doggies. I thought I had a few things, but it' looked pretty bad...nothing yummy, so I'll be picking up some Christmas treats for them. I'm kinda excited in a nerdy way.... My daughter is a history puff and a political science major...last year I found her a Napoleon bobble head..yes...they had those at World Market and it was on clearance. She LOVED it....This year I found a stuffed Benjamin Franklin at the thrift store. I laughed my head off when I seen it. I would never pay full price for this stuff, but when I see it at discount or at the thrift store, it's just to good to pass up and makes for great stocking stuffers.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I still have gifts to get (rolling my eyes). I start my vacation Thursday and hoping to get it finished by Saturday. I've just been really terrible this year. Must do better next year.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
MinnieCo - Those kinds of gifts are the MOST fun!

Still missing some gifts. Going to be revamping my holiday shopping plan next year in light of our new schedule (high school sports etc). I'm going to become very very good friends with September and October!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
My shopping is now 99.9% done :) I was not able to find glowsticks for DS stocking at Meijer so I'll be going to Dollar Store on lunch sometime this week to see if I can find some. If not, I'll just let it go - I have plenty else to fill stocking with!

I got the dogs some treats and bones, got final gift for DH, got several stocking stuffers for both DH and DS at Meijer yesterday - so things are looking pretty good.

Just need to finish wrapping now!

Do you guys wrap stocking stuffers? Or just some special ones? - that is typically what I do - some wrapped, some not.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
We don't actually do a stocking- we do a Santa Sack. A printed pillow slip cover. I wrap pretty much everything- even gift cards! I don't wrap the major stuff- last year DS got an electric scooter. This year he is getting a skim board to use in the surf. And a Karoke machine- I will probably be sorry about that one but it does have headphones. DS loves to sing over the top of his songs but unfortunately he was blessed with sporting talent not musical talent!