How will you be decorating for Fall?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I've ended up doing more straight fall, very little Halloween, even for the Boo!Bash on the 27th. I didn't have the fresh pumpkins I thought I would...the silly deer ate all of them! LOL! So, I've had to buy some, which limited the number I have. For the last few years my yard has looked like a pumpkin patch. I loved it!

I'm making a pair of pumpkin topiaries for the front porch. I'm stacking three graduated sized pumpkins in a footed urn (plastic, from the dollar store several years ago, spray painted with hammered copper spray paint for plastic!) and gluing silk fall leaves between them. I wanted to use real leaves, but they are still all green and on the trees!

I'll have small pumpkins (pie pumpkins) and small pots of mums staggered on the front porch steps, and several candles in fall colors on the tables.

I'll put a fall wreath on the fence gates, and in my front flowerbeds I'll do the milk jug ghosts that was posted on the other site. Love those! I'll have groups of three. I've also painted some jars to look like jack o lanterns and I'm going to do some of the mummy luminaries that was posted on the other site, also.

The back porch will have Christmas lights all around the perimeter, with candles everywhere, along with the obligatory pumpkins, mums and hay!

Inside, I've done some faux pumpkins on the mantle and sitting around in various places, put fall colored berries on the light fixture and china cabinet and stuck fall leaves everywhere! I also put mini pumpkins and gourds and faux berries in jars and placed them on the countertops.

Wreaths on all doors...fall throws, pillows and candles..that's about it! :hat:

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
The decor of my house might considered Fall by many year round actually.

I have a lot of rustic colors, fabrics, flowers, arrangements, etc.

So, I really don't have to add a lot to make my house ready for Fall.

I do have a beautiful leaf arrangement that I picked up at Hobby Lobby (a few years ago) that I hang on my front door. I recieve many compliments on this.

I have a few metal pumpkins that I place in my living room. I put candles inside of them. When they are lit - they look wonderful.

I have a very cute boy and girl scarecrow that stand in entry way. They are only about 1.5 feet tall - but just adorable.

I also have plenty of Fall scents in my house.

On my front porch I have a few pumpkins and have decorated my flower bed and porch with potted mums.

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
I decorated alot for Fall. I used alot of pumpkins and scarecrows and pumpkin people. On my entertainment center I have my fall village, a pumpkin patch with scarecrows, and a wagon with pumpkins in it. I have my bathroom done in brown and orange. with some pumpkin tealight holders. In my bedroom I have a pumpkin wreath and a tree with gold leaf garland on it. On my dining room table I have a Jack-O- Lantern basket with flowers in it. I also have some black pumpkin tealight holders on the table. In the kitchen I have a basket of flowers with a soft scarecrow. I also have a plastic pumpkin on the counter next to the stove. On my patio doors, I have a wreath and a fall broom. On my coffee table I have a basket of pumpkins and on either side I have a candle.
On the end table I have three tealight leaf candle holders. I think that is all
. :hat:

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Cathymac said:
I'm making a pair of pumpkin topiaries for the front porch. I'm stacking three graduated sized pumpkins in a footed urn (plastic, from the dollar store several years ago, spray painted with hammered copper spray paint for plastic!) and gluing silk fall leaves between them. I wanted to use real leaves, but they are still all green and on the trees!

:hat:

These topiaries sound so pretty. Love the idea of the copper paint. Are they shiny or more of a mattte finish? How do you attach the pumpkins on top of each other to keep them from falling over??

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Outside we placed corn stalks around the light post at the end of our walkway and at the end of the front step railings. There are a couple bales of hay out front next to the front steps. We placed small pumpkins on the hay bales, front steps and at the end of the walkway. :jack:
Inside I have wooden pumpkin in the windows. I also a variety of other types of pumpkins; cloth, wood, plastic and metal around the living room and dinningroom. I have fall leaves on top of buffet server along with mini gourds in the dinning room. At the top of the steps there are a couple small mini hay bales with little scarecrow people and garland of fall leaves.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Honestly ... I decorate pretty simply for the holidays. :hat:

I have pots of mums at the doors with a big scarecrow in each, fall welcome mats and a fall wreath on the doors.
Inside vases of seasonal flowers with mini scarecrows, the horn of plenty with ornamental corn and gourds.
I add a few seasonal pieces to the table and candles.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I saw the cutest idea at the Pumpkin Patch we went to today. They used those metal poles ...I think people use them for fencing...but you could also just use a four foot wooden stake. Then they had a mannequin head on the top (you could use a ball or something else round) Over all of this they had a sheet. It was tied directly under the head and the rest was loose.....so they looked like ghosts...They had them in a circle and they had tied the ends to each other so it looked like a circle of ghosts....I took a picture....If I get a spare minute I'll post it on the home page.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
All of my decor is Fall. Starting at the front door. I wanted to do more but all I have is a pumpkin welcome mat and a fall leaf wreath hanging on the door. In my foyer/hall. I have a small table with fall color rose garland mingled among family photos. Also I have a pair of small hurricane candles sitting inside bittersweet candlerings. Plus a vase filled with wheat bunches.

In my livingroom I have placed a twig basket of pinecones on the table on a fall color cloth table napkin. Next to the basket are three pillar candles that I glued silk fall leaves to. On top of the tv armoire I have a basket filled with fall leaves and grapes, a pair of fall tapered candles and a small faux pumpkin. I also have a grapevine wreath hanging on the armoire door. On an end table I have a glass vase filled with pumpkin spice potpouri and tied raffia around the top, along with a small ceramic pumpkin. I have candles everywhere and on a shelf of my bookcase I have a glass frosted plate of leaves and two faux pumpkins (different sizes). On top of the bookcase I took a fall floral wreath that I had made, laid it flat and placed a table lamp inside.

In the diningroom I dressed up my table with a fall color table runner and sprinkled leaves over it. My tableware consists of gold charger plates that I glued silk leaves to, fall decorative dishes and amber color wine glasses. At each place setting I have little ceramic pumpkin and leaf shape tealight candle holders. A large fall floral arrangement with a pair of bell jar shape candle holders which I filled with potpuri and autumn color candles.

On my balcony I wrapped leaf garland and orange lights around the bannister. I hung a pair of candle chandeliers from the roofline and dress up my patio table with a vinyl fall table cloth. On top of the table is a basket of fall flowers.

On my bedroom doors I hung fall swag brooms and in the windows are electric candles. My bathroom is decorated in all fall color and I have a grapevine wreath hanging from the door.

I know I'm forgetting something. I love decorating for fall as much as i do for Christmas.