HP-Week 43

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
It is our 11th month of the Happiness Project. This month our focus will be: Keep a Contented Heart. Corresponding pages: 258-276. This week our Resolution is: Laugh Out Loud. Corresponding pages: 261-264.

Gretchen began to notice that she didn't laugh much- that she had grown more somber over the last several years. She realized that she didn't really even smile much. Laughing would make her happier and those around her happier.

A small child typically laughs more than 400 times a day, and an adult- only 17 times.

Gretchen thought of many ways to get herself to laugh out loud, things like: watch a sitcom every night, rent funny movies. The biggest thing she told herself was, "Listen and laugh."

Laughing out loud moved beyond the physical act of laughter. Responding to laughter meant that Gretchen had to give up her pride, defensiveness, and self- centerdness.

This Week's Resolution: Laugh Out Loud

This Week's Thought: Act the way you want to feel. If you want to feel happy and lighthearted, act that way, and that includs laughing out loud.

Share your thoughts, journey here this week.

Last edited:

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I enjoy laughing but agree I find my self not doing it enough not sure if it's the people I am around or what. My CW friend I like being around her but find she gripes about so much. I def. use her to unload as needed but we don't laugh that much.
Need to find a way to get more laughter in my life. Any funny TV shows you like I can check out?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm getting better at this now that DH is home. I think when he was gone I was just so tired and stressed that I lost some of my sense of humor. I'm also going to work on making impromptu play time. Last night on our way home from town, DH detoured to the lake and stopped at a park where we had our pictures taken and let the kids play for a little bit. They loved it and had so much fun and it was totally spur of the moment.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
They loved it and had so much fun and it was totally spur of the moment.

I thin Spur of the Moment things are what is missing in most of our lives.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I'm a big laugher- love to laugh!

Like Mrs. Soup spur of the moment is what I'm struggling with.

I used to be so spur of the moment but not so much as I've gotten older.

Annie

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I'm a big laugher, too! When I saw this week's task I thought, "Finally! something I'm not terrible at!" LOL! Of course, then you ladies started talking about spontaneity and stuff and reality crashed down! ;) I tend to think of my day in 30 minute increments...I really need to stop that. Our calendar in the kitchen looks like a rainbow threw up on it (everyone's activities and appointments are color coded)! I think we'd all benefit from some unstructured free (aka FUN) time! thanks for the push!

I cannot believe we're in month 11! Thank you Annie for keeping us all on track throughout this wonderful and important journey! I know I'm a better person for it!

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I laugh but I'm not sure I've heard my dh do so. Will have to see if I'm just missing it. Very odd.

Love the 'Halloween is the new Christmas'.

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I think we just need to concentrate on laughing this week.

Today's Halloween so there should be many opportunities to laugh.

Annie