I am farther ahead than I realized!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
We are cleaning the garage! :( :( We have several totes of things so are going thru and labeling and sorting them. DH opened one tote and it was presents that I had brought after Christmas '06 for '07 presents so now they will be for '08! I kinda knew what I was giving like the lady who cuts our hair and her 2 workers but now I have changed my mind. (It'll be from the tote) There was a pair of pj bottoms for my mom so will have to find a shirt and a Jim Shore nativity family angel and little glass angels, a stuffed snowman that is really cute and sits and says "Tis the Season" on his shirt. Towel sets, candles. Thought I would do mostly homemade BUT maybe half and half.

that sounds awesome!!!! I am also going to do half homemade and half already purchased gifts for this years holiday!!! I have a variety of things in my "gift closet" plus I am making Christmas Countdown binders for my Aunts. And one of my aunts was just saying today how she wants a list of everyones birthdays so she can be ready with cards and what nots!!!! Boy now I really can't wait to give them out for Christmas this year!!!!

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Lana...isn't it great when you find goodies like that...good for you!!!

christmascreations...I get inexpensive ( or priciey ones) when they come out in the fall and go thru each one by month and write in all the birthdays and anniversaries for the entire family. It started out a number of years ago that I just did it for my children so they wouldn't forget each others birthdays...my sister saw this and wanted one and it has now grown to 16!!! It is fun to pick out ones to match each person...Everyone looks forward to it every year. Hope you enjoy doing yours. I also made a box up for DMIL that had all the cards for the year..a book of stamps and asst. casual cards and it went along with the calendar and she loved it. Makes a great gift!!!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Congratulations, Lana! That's like "found" money!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
It's always great to find unexpected surprises like that. Even better that you can now cross a few gifts off you list too.

Bambiski

MHH Member
WooHoo!!!! :applause:
Nothing like a big surprise to make your day. I need to get to digging in my hallway closet, I know that there has to be something in there. Just can't find anything right now with the mess in the way. LOL

Bambi

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
foxpaw said:

christmascreations...I get inexpensive ( or priciey ones) when they come out in the fall and go thru each one by month and write in all the birthdays and anniversaries for the entire family. It started out a number of years ago that I just did it for my children so they wouldn't forget each others birthdays...my sister saw this and wanted one and it has now grown to 16!!! It is fun to pick out ones to match each person...Everyone looks forward to it every year. Hope you enjoy doing yours. I also made a box up for DMIL that had all the cards for the year..a book of stamps and asst. casual cards and it went along with the calendar and she loved it. Makes a great gift!!!

I make my family calendars with photos of my children on each month. For the last 2 years I have handwritten the dates of all our familiy's birthdays in for my Grandmother (who is 92 this year), as she is always worried she will forget. This year, as part of my monthly magic, I am doing one page of the calendar, but I am typing in all the family's birthdays for everyone. This way no one has any excuses for forgetting each other's birthday! Love the idea of the birthday card box with stamps, think I will do this for my Nan too! :flower:

foxpaw said:

It's funny how something so simple can get us sooo excited...lol I have all the binders lined up in my closet and a very large binder with all the printouts I have done so far, separated for each family member, and placed in sheet protectors!!! I also have some pocket dividers (manilla envelope like) that I want to scrap into a monthly chart for birthdays and to hold birthday cards!!! WOW the excitement keeps building ...lol